OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

To the stubborn goes the spoils

Started by ChesterCopperpot, April 30, 2022, 01:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

She ain't ever got to hunt much each season as April's about the busiest time of year at her job, and it's taken three years of going when she could but this morning we got it worked out. Think he was a two year old, just 3/4" spurs, but he had the beard of Moses. 11" even beard on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomstopper

Nice one. Congratulations to her

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

JeffC

Congrats to the huntress, so there has to be more to story?? Whats up with the horseshoe?
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

boatpaddle

Congratulations to all involved...

Her smile tells the story...

Continued success.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: JeffC on April 30, 2022, 01:51:19 PM
Congrats to the huntress, so there has to be more to story?? Whats up with the horseshoe?
She'd made her a spot on the wall above a photograph of an Indian chief (she's native) and said she wanted a turkey fan there. Other day she said, "Just put that latest one of yours up there," and I said no. Told her we had to wait on her first. So today we was hunting high mountain pasture on an old cattle and horse farm. She killed that bird high and on the way back down I seen that lucky horseshoe laying there. I immediately thought, well, I can put that in front of the fan to hold it down and to help her remember the day.

crow

Congratulations, it's nice to see a happy hunter in a picture

USMC0331

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Cutt

Cowboy

Congrats on the successful hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tom007

Nice Dave, congrats to the young lady. Was that your GW Delrin Horn?

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on April 30, 2022, 04:14:37 PM
It sure was. She had three gobblers come in. We heard them on the roost but they still had hens. Hens broke off about 8:30 and they started coming. Surprisingly the first one that really started answering us was only answering quavers off that trumpet. Then it was that and purrs on a Buster Halford green slate was all he'd gobble at. When they got close they was gobbling to other stuff but early on that was the only thing he answered to was quavers, purrs, and super soft talk.

Tom007

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 30, 2022, 04:27:06 PM
Quote from: Tom007 on April 30, 2022, 04:14:37 PM
It sure was. She had three gobblers come in. We heard them on the roost but they still had hens. Hens broke off about 8:30 and they started coming. Surprisingly the first one that really started answering us was only answering quavers off that trumpet. Then it was that and purrs on a Buster Halford green slate was all he'd gobble at. When they got close they was gobbling to other stuff but early on that was the only thing he answered to was quavers, purrs, and super soft talk.

Great story, great job......

guesswho

Well done, congrats to all.   Well worth the wait and then some!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.