OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lady Scores with the Bow!

Started by MK M GOBL, April 28, 2022, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK M GOBL

Had a chance to hunt with my friend and she was looking to try for another bow kill!

Been a couple of years since we had a hunt together. We started the morning with some rain and gobbles, she already had the blind set, as we were setting the decoys they started gobbling, we got in the blind and the rain started, gobbled good on the roost and quiet after flydown. About hour and a half passes and I hear a gobble, I give a call with the CODY and he hits right back! Give it a little and a 2nd bird joins in and they are on the way. As they work all of a sudden she smacks me and says "Turkey!" I look and a tom is charging my White Headed Strutter, her first shot missed as the tom turned and started walking off, I worked lil' Puffy and he turned right back at us, came in at 10 yards and she smoked him!

So we did have a bit of a whoops, she mistakenly grabbed the wrong 2nd arrow she made the shot and the bird flew across the valley (pasture) and went down in sight. She hit him right the arrow tip hit the top of the femur and broke the bone, and went through the femoral artery.

Them Hooks! That Smile!

MK M GOBL

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

fallhnt

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Yoteduster

ferocious calls

runngun

Fantastic!!! Congratulations to y'all!!!! Way to get after them.

Have a good one
Bo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Turkeybutt

Congrats! Beautiful bird and from the smile on both of your faces anyone can tell you both are very proud.  Great job!

joey46

Congrats!  Bow kills always impressive.

mountainhunter1

Great spurs. Congrats on getting it done with an arrow.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

NightHawk24

Marc

Very NICE!  Thank you for sharing!!!
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

PharmHunter

MK M GOBL

Quote from: MK M GOBL on April 28, 2022, 05:31:52 PM
As they work all of a sudden she smacks me and says "Turkey!" I look and a tom is charging my White Headed Strutter, her first shot missed as the tom turned and started walking off, I worked lil' Puffy and he turned right back at us, came in at 10 yards and she smoked him!

MK M GOBL

I added the video link if you have FB

https://www.facebook.com/1411804747/videos/pcb.10220714163309923/401514418457153

MK M GOBL

Tom007

bigriverbum