OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Dakota

Started by neal, April 26, 2022, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crghss

Wow, what has Old Gobbler come to. A bunch of whiny little "brats".

I didn't see the OP ask anyone their opinion on seasonal turkey limits. And I sure don't see South Dakota or Indian Reservations asking a bunch non-residents what they should be setting their Seasonal bag limits at.

Glad you had fun Neal.

I have never posted a hunting pic but you'd better believe I will a post every pic and the location of every turkey I shoot going forward.

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

joey46

Quote from: Crghss on April 30, 2022, 10:13:40 PM
Wow, what has Old Gobbler come to. A bunch of whiny little "brats".

I didn't see the OP ask anyone their opinion on seasonal turkey limits. And I sure don't see South Dakota or Indian Reservations asking a bunch non-residents what they should be setting their Seasonal bag limits at.

Glad you had fun Neal.

I have never posted a hunting pic but you'd better believe I will a post every pic and the location of every turkey I shoot going forward.

and we'll all be looking forward to them especially the locations.  Include GPS numbers please.  :OGturkeyhead: no helmet really needed when the "point" is missed by this much.  Just an IMO but the original picture (now deleted) reminded me of old ones from the market hunting days where a few guys are standing over a big pile of ducks.  Ask a non hunter, not anti hunter, their impression of "rack um and stack um" photos.  You may be surprised. 

Kygobblergetter

I understand everyone's reaction. When you break it down to realize they killed 2 birds a piece I don't really see it as an issue. The picture with dead birds everywhere and seeming as an advertisement can rub some people the wrong way and I totally understand that too. Obviously the population in this area isn't hurting. I would be leery of drawing attention to this specific area making it much harder to get these tags in the future. Over all it looks to me like a great time and very productive hunting. Will add that I'm really tired of seeing "thumbs down"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Quote from: Kygobblergetter on April 30, 2022, 10:22:04 PM
I understand everyone's reaction. When you break it down to realize they killed 2 birds a piece I don't really see it as an issue. The picture with dead birds everywhere and seeming as an advertisement can rub some people the wrong way and I totally understand that too. Obviously the population in this area isn't hurting. I would be leery of drawing attention to this specific area making it much harder to get these tags in the future. Over all it looks to me like a great time and very productive hunting. Will add that I'm really tired of seeing "thumbs down"

Thumbs up to this post.  Yes - I've had one or two and this is now just sorta fun. ::)

Turkeybutt

Can't we all just get along!
Neal great job to you and each member in your hunting party.
Had I been invited i would have been with you (as I am sure many here who are complaining would be as well)
Sorry people but you got to give credit where credit is due.
Congrats Neal

Sixes

I saw nothing more than a successful hunt amongst friends.

Congrats to you and your partners on the hunt.

paintbrush

Quote from: Sixes on May 01, 2022, 07:57:15 AM
I saw nothing more than a successful hunt amongst friends.

Congrats to you and your partners on the hunt.

Same here!

arkrem870

The advertisements for the calls and products are a bit much in my opinion. You'd be a fool to think they have anything to do with this picture. Congrats on a fine hunt.  But nothing wrong with hunting for your personal satisfaction.  Not everything has to be commercialized and pimped out.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

sbbow

I missed this one but congrats Neal!

ybuck

congratulations!!
would love to try a res hunt someday!