OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Dakota

Started by neal, April 26, 2022, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthemfall514

Quote from: neal on April 27, 2022, 06:22:29 PM
Quote from: cthemfall514 on April 27, 2022, 06:05:47 PM
Nice.. Guys killed it.!! This on private or public?
Reservation land

Awesome man. Heading out to the Hills mid May for the first time. Hoping to get lucky. Congrats again.

Kyle_Ott

Any time I see posts like this anymore all I can think about is how badly I wish all states limited non-residents to a 1 bird bag limit.

There just isn't any damn good reason to go and stack 8 bodies.  Not with decline.  Not with harvest numbers.  Not with pressure.  Not for any reason except to get on the internet and flex that you did it because you could.

No sh%t aluminum works in open country.  It works in any country.  Just like any other high frequency/high pitch calling surface does. 

neal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

eggshell

I am glad for your success and that your thrilled with your experience, but if I am honest about my feelings I agree your post stirred more negative feelings than positive for me. I agree in this day and age we need  to think twice before we post about areas and success. The internet is as much our enemy as it is a friend. I personally am not a fan of the stack em high body count photos, but that's just me and a lot of people enjoy them. Please understand I am only offering an opinion for thought in the future. I am not making any judgement, you had a legal and fulfilling hunt that your proud of, congrats.

joey46

Agree 100% with the "eggshell" post.  The time for a one bird non-resident limit just about everywhere is long overdue.  I spent a lot of time this year looking at Jim Shockey's Book ur Hunt site.  Many of the outfitters make a big deal about the ability to shoot multiple birds if their locations allow it.  It's a money game now.  Too bad but that's the way of the world.  In all honesty when I first looked at the posted picture the first word that came to mind was "oink".   Again only an opinion.  You've been around these forums for a long time so congrats on the first bird - sorta.

Hobbes

Right on cue, as predicted.   :TooFunny:

neal

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

TonyTurk

It's sad that we've reached a point on this forum where turkey hunters can't post pictures of dead turkeys without drawing criticism.  They didn't poach, trespass, or kill over the limit. 

I also don't understand the thought that only non-residents should be limited to one bird.  If the populations are so desperately in need of help, then limit EVERYONE to one bird.  Why only pick on the non-residents? 

bwhana

Well stated and congrats!

neal

Stoeger_bird

Quote from: neal on April 29, 2022, 07:28:57 AM
LMAO!! 4 people kill their limit of 2 each and the world's turkey population is coming to an end. I hunted this spot last year, saw more birds this year than last year. The reservation gives out 700 tags for 3 million acres. I think they'll be just fine. So before you jump on and be a keyboard warrior understand the situation.
Y'all would be upset to know we each shot two birds in FL this year too I guess. and probably will do the same in Mexico next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well now ur hot spotting the damn reservation! Some people can't help but to brag.
T.W.D.W.D.

neal

Stoeger_bird

So just in this thread u have already said it has 700 tags and requires a guide. Also said how many acres the res is. Come on dude don't be slow.
T.W.D.W.D.

neal

bwhana

Quote from: bwhana on April 29, 2022, 08:01:59 AM
Well stated and congrats!
For clarity, my comment was in response to the OP, not the post prior to mine.