Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's happen to the birds in Chadron Nebraska Area ?

Started by topnotch, April 26, 2022, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topnotch

Been hunting this week on WMAs around Chadron and birds have disappeared.
Found 3 gobblers on Private land but none on public.
I thought only the Southeast was experiencing a population decline. This is nothing like remember from 15 years ago.

Stoeger_bird

Chadron has birds in every canyon. If u can't kill one there u can't cluck.
T.W.D.W.D.

deerhunt1988

The internet and social media. Area used to have carryover, very little now. A few bad hatches in a row and it's really gonna be hurting. Then folks will start blabbing about the next best area and hunters will migrate there.

BBR12

Yep. I heard the campgrounds last year looked like the circus had come to town. I talked to two separate groups that went there and left after just seeing how many people were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tbowers

Posts like this are what happened...name the location you are hunting over and over and people are going to go there.

Same thing happened with deer to Nebraska, ND and KY- every dude with a YT channel goes to those states for archery opener since its earlier then most- its insane how many videos come out.

Stoeger_bird

In all seriousness this forum, other forums, social medias, youtube, and whatever else there is out their happened to that area. People just can't keep their mouths shut. They find a good thing and want to tell everyone. It's my opinion a lot of people do it to make themselves sound like some great amazing hunter. And it's happening all over  the USA now. What happened to going to place, having a good hunt , and leaving it at that. Let's stop telling the whole damn world.
T.W.D.W.D.

JohnSouth22

Now in Chadron you sadly have to walk farther than anyone is willing to. Birds are definitely more scarce but not gone....

Turkeyman

Quote from: Stoeger_bird on April 26, 2022, 03:15:26 PM
In all seriousness this forum, other forums, social medias, youtube, and whatever else there is out their happened to that area. People just can't keep their mouths shut. They find a good thing and want to tell everyone. It's my opinion a lot of people do it to make themselves sound like some great amazing hunter. And it's happening all over  the USA now. What happened to going to place, having a good hunt , and leaving it at that. Let's stop telling the whole damn world.

Yep. Bird hasn't even finished his death flaps and guys are already posting pics and stories on FB etc. so they can brag on it. Sickening.

JohnSouth22

The Far North East side of public in Chadron has been good to me the last few consecutive years, less hunters and  plenty of birds.  you just have to walk farther than most. good luck

Stoeger_bird

Quote from: JohnSouth22 on April 26, 2022, 03:44:57 PM
The Far North East side of public in Chadron has been good to me the last few consecutive years, less hunters and  plenty of birds.  you just have to walk farther than most. good luck
Prime example right there.
T.W.D.W.D.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

nebgoosehunter

Won't be as good now that is for sure.  I'm lucky to hunt private and bird numbers have held steady I believe the last few years.  We are heading up for our annual trip (I am only two hours away) this weekend and weather is looking terrible.  Lots of on and off moisture and lots of wind.  Saturday will be gusts to 55 mph. 

budtripp

Not anymore, you just screwed yourself and that area by posting this. This thread will show up on every internet scouters google search from here on out. Unless it really isn't a very good area and you're throwing out some reverse psychology to throw people off.  :icon_thumright:

dirtnap

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on April 26, 2022, 02:43:37 PM
The internet and social media. Area used to have carryover, very little now. A few bad hatches in a row and it's really gonna be hurting. Then folks will start blabbing about the next best area and hunters will migrate there.

:z-winnersmiley:

turkey_slayer

I was out there last year. Hotels were booked full and they all said cause of turkey hunters. I found a few birds but I'm not interested in going back

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk