turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Early morning success!

Started by OJR, April 25, 2022, 09:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJR

It is safe to say that the turkey woods were good to us this morning.

the Ward

Congrats on a very successful hunt.

RutnNStrutn

Wow!! What a morning!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Nice.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but could we have a 100 more!  There has to be a good story there.  Congrats!
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Turkeybutt

Yes, the turkey gods were looking down on the three of you this morning. Congrats guys!

OJR

Quote from: g8rvet on April 25, 2022, 01:08:06 PM
Nice.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but could we have a 100 more!  There has to be a good story there.  Congrats!
I used to deer hunt this property around 15-20 years ago. I called the owner a while back and asked if he'd let me and a couple guys come hunt turkeys. He was most agreeable. I rolled in on Wednesday about noon and after visiting a bit I went out to scout some. The young man on the right in the photo was already public land hunting about 2 hours away. My son, the middle man, was coming from 12 hours away. Both arrived a couple hours prior to dark. The rain cut short our trying to roost any and we finished our scouting on a map. It continued to pour rain all night. Having not seen my son for a while we decided to hunt together. The rain had slacked off about 4am as we headed out. Our buddy texted almost immediately that he had stuck his truck but was continuing on foot. My son and I arrived at our listening spot at 5:11 am. Hearing 3 gobblers prior to fly down, we headed for the closest one. No luck as he shut up shortly after he hit the ground. We walked and called up and down the hills and eventually got two fired up, but they cooled off just about as fast. As we crested the hill on the way back to the truck my son spotted one and we hit the ground. We made a circle down low on the hill and snuck up behind the root ball of a blown down tree. He would go into about half strut but not get within 100yds. After he and two hens moved off, and it began to rain again, we scurried back to our original listening spot in a group of cedar trees. After a kee kee and some Jake yelps, three gobblers ran in looking for a fight! And my son and I managed to kill two.
When I checked my phone we were greeted by texts from our buddy that he had killed too.

Couldn't have been any better.

g8rvet

Heck yes.  That is an awesome day. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

JeffC

Congrats to all! Thanks for adding the story to go along with a great picture.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Yoteduster

Super good morning congrats to all

ybuck

well for petes sakes!!!!
yes it was!
great kills all, congratulations

JohnSouth22