OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest recommendation for minimal gear

Started by scottprice, April 23, 2022, 09:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottprice

I carry a ~9" box call, 3 diaphragms, a thermacell and a crow call...I definitely want a good seat. what do you guys recommend?

I hunt nearly every day of our one month season so durability is a must

I regrettably sold my russel super elite 3...

Howie g

I've had good results so far this year with my new ol Tom gunslinger .  It's light weight and pocket configuration is nice .  Seems to be holding up well also .

Last Frontier Hunter

The knight and hale run and gun vest is nice. Usually can find them on sale too.

bwhana

I've tried almost every lightweight vest ever made and have settled on the Cabelas Speed Seat hip belt/seat pad system.  All other vests just add heat that I cannot take during most of our season, and I use a paracord turkey tote to carry out the bird.

donjuan

Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

gmbellew

if that is truly all that you carry, you probably need cargo pants, a seat cushion on a strap, and a box call holster.  not a vest. a vest will have a lot of wasted real estate with empty pockets.

Greg Massey

A different alternative, for what your wanting to do is Glenda Green Satchel.. you can thank me later...

scottprice

I'm looking at those chest "rigs" too, like the one hunters specialties makes

richard black

Cabelas Speed Seat. More than adequate for the gear you carry and Avery comfortable cushion. I really like mine.