only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 Makeover

Started by grayfox, April 23, 2022, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Looks great! Thanks for posting pics of it

Old Timer

Very nice job. You got talent my friend!

Notsoyoungturk

Looks great.  I have been thinking about updating my 870 turkey.  You have inspired me.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

tha bugman

grayfox

Thank you all for the compliments & kind words. It's not perfect by no means but I was very happy with the way it turned out. It's not hard to do. Just takes some time & patience. Cost me only $38.35 for the graphics plus I had plenty extra left over. Now maybe this will last me another 6 or 7 years.

JohnSouth22

Mr.Jackson

Man that gun looks sharp.I'm curious how much it weighs now.I'm hunting with a scoped out SuperMag and it weighs 9 pounds even with no shells.I call it my 9 pound hammer.lol.

Chief Razor

Looks great. I bet that gun has some stories!

grayfox

Quote from: Mr.Jackson on April 26, 2022, 08:54:20 PM
Man that gun looks sharp.I'm curious how much it weighs now.I'm hunting with a scoped out SuperMag and it weighs 9 pounds even with no shells.I call it my 9 pound hammer.lol.

Unloaded as shown in the pics it weighs about 7.25 lbs. Unloaded with my sling attached a little over 7.5 lbs. It's still not a light gun in my opinion but feels much better than it was at 8.25 lbs. with the Magpul stock & Truglo Tru-Brite red dot.

jmerchant1

Very nice! Was the wrap hard? Been thinking about getting a kit in a different camo for mine

grayfox

Quote from: jmerchant1 on April 26, 2022, 10:53:36 PM
Very nice! Was the wrap hard? Been thinking about getting a kit in a different camo for mine

It's not that hard to do. You just sorta have to get the hang of it. If you start getting wrinkles you can't work out don't be afraid to pull it back up until you get past them & start back again. I wouldn't buy the kits. You come out better by buying it by the foot. I bought 3 feet of the 24" width including shipping for $38.35 using a discount code (COMEBACK10). It's better to have too much in case you mess up. Go to www.mossyoakgraphics.com & you can buy pretty much any amount you want. Search youtube for videos on installation.