turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 Makeover

Started by grayfox, April 23, 2022, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

Well I gave my old 870 Express a makeover. I been hunting with it for about seven years now with the Magpul stock & Truglo Tru-Brite red dot which I've been very happy with. But now I'm getting older & the weight was getting to bother me more so I went back to the original stock & changed to a lighter Swampfox green dot. All this cut about 3/4's of a pound off the weight. Don't seem like much but it was very noticeable & cheaper than buying another turkey gun. I wrapped the stock in Mossy Oak Infinity camo skins & also re-wrapped the receiver & forearm since it was showing some signs of abuse. The barrel still looked good so I left it alone. I also gave it a good cleaning since it was pretty dirty on the inside. Anyway here are some pics I took of it. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

jlw

Bridger

Tom007

Quote from: grayfox on April 23, 2022, 04:45:27 PM
Well I gave my old 870 Express a makeover. I been hunting with it for about seven years now with the Magpul stock & Truglo Tru-Brite red dot which I've been very happy with. But now I'm getting older & the weight was getting to bother me more so I went back to the original stock & changed to a lighter Swampfox green dot. All this cut about 3/4's of a pound off the weight. Don't seem like much but it was very noticeable & cheaper than buying another turkey gun. I wrapped the stock in Mossy Oak Infinity camo skins & also re-wrapped the receiver & forearm since it was showing some signs of abuse. The barrel still looked good so I left it alone. I also gave it a good cleaning since it was pretty dirty on the inside. Anyway here are some pics I took of it. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

Looks fantastic, like a brand new gun.....great job.

Greg Massey

Looks good, nothing wrong with giving new life to an old gun...

Cowboy

Fine looking weapon. You did well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

Great job! Looks professional. I'll send you one of mine to do.

tnanh

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Strutr

Very nice job on the makeover! You should be good for another seven years.

PNWturkey

Jim K

lunghit

"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Flatbottomarky

Really did a great job.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Awesome job and good luck with it