turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NEW SLATE??

Started by pcgobbler, June 11, 2011, 09:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcgobbler

Hey guys in the market for a new custom slate.  Lost my old un' in the woods this year: long story.  I want to get the best sounding slate for less than $50-$60.  Woods, I don't know that's why I'm making this post. Leaning towards Halloran, Wendell, or Warbird.  I currently have calls I like from all listed except Warbird calls, I don't have any of his calls.

rtsj

Pappy's Calls!! I need not say more. :z-winnersmiley:

WyoHunter

I've got calls from Wendell, Pappy and Warbird and they are all great calls. Warbird has some really nice pot call designs. 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Devastator

i would highly recomend hook's assassin series slate!i have one and it sounds relly good.

ncturkey

Those guys make great sounding calls for sure. You should try one of f TRKYHTR slate calls. I have heard they sound great.

pcgobbler

I forgot to mention, I love the looks of the spalted maple.  Anyone tell me what they sound like?  Looking  a good all around slate.  I like Warbird's mountatin camo slate too.  Anyone got either the spalted maple or mountain camo slates??  Like em?  Hate em?  Worthy of carrying in your vest all of time?

Scout24

The Cane Creek Pro Custom Slate, although not as pretty as those listed, sounds fantastic and is only $35. I've got some from above and bought the CC this year.

TauntoHawk

the sound file of the halloran slate call is amazing if i can run one of those half as good as the file sounds itd be a killer for sure. thats the slate i plan on adding before next season
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

gobbler74

Quote from: pcgobbler on June 12, 2011, 01:45:49 PM
I forgot to mention, I love the looks of the spalted maple.  Anyone tell me what they sound like?  Looking  a good all around slate.  I like Warbird's mountatin camo slate too.  Anyone got either the spalted maple or mountain camo slates??  Like em?  Hate em?  Worthy of carrying in your vest all of time?
If you want to hear one give me a shout. Free shipping all summer as well.
Thanks
Jim
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

pcgobbler

Jim,  the wife said she is going to get me your camo laminate slate for father's day.  If she doesn't come through, I'll be ordering one later.  A couple of guys sent me PM recommending this call,  I was already leaning that way anyways.

VAarrowslinger

Lights Out or Holloran but you need to try the new Southland's Yellowheart Slate. Simply put....NICE!