Main Menu

Parcel map apps

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 19, 2022, 03:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

OnX

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

I use OnX a little bit, but won't renew next year since I found BaseMaps. Onx maps are old, rarely updated...and the resolution sucks. I know the map of my house is over 3 years old.  I'm surprised no one ever mentions this, I guess they never know until they switch to one of the other apps.  Updated maps is important for me since I live in the South and they always cut timber.  All the other apps use the same mapping software and have much better resolution than OnX.
Hunt stand and Hunt Wise are both good, but difficult to use IMO.  BaseMaps is #1 for me right now...

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: FL-Boss on April 20, 2022, 09:28:19 AM
I use OnX a little bit, but won't renew next year since I found BaseMaps. Onx maps are old, rarely updated...and the resolution sucks. I know the map of my house is over 3 years old.  I'm surprised no one ever mentions this, I guess they never know until they switch to one of the other apps.  Updated maps is important for me since I live in the South and they always cut timber.  All the other apps use the same mapping software and have much better resolution than OnX.
Hunt stand and Hunt Wise are both good, but difficult to use IMO.  BaseMaps is #1 for me right now...
I've been doing free trials of OnX, Gaia, and HuntStand this spring and ruled out OnX for the same reason here in Maine, plus the landowner data was way out of date. 

HuntStand has the best resolution satellite maps in my area, and the best landowner data.  Gaia has some features I like, including map overlays and route planning. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhoward11

Hunt stand. It's great for buying property also. Couldn't find the corner stone even with the realtor there. Pulled out the phone and went right to it with in 2 feet.

1ST DRAW

My onX annual "Elite" membership is almost up. How much does hunt stand cost? I have been happy with onX but didn't know there was that much difference in the quality of the maps.

Rapscallion Vermilion

$30 per year normally, but they offered 20% off after the free trial was up.  And that's for all states.

btomlin

Quote from: 1ST DRAW on April 20, 2022, 11:38:52 AM
My onX annual "Elite" membership is almost up. How much does hunt stand cost? I have been happy with onX but didn't know there was that much difference in the quality of the maps.

I just got BaseMap for $27.99 with code Kiraru.  I'm going to give it a try.  Normally $34.99

HS Pro appeared to be $29.99. 

Gaia Pro was $35.99(it normally $39.99)

FL-Boss

You should like BaseMap ... I have had the full membership of all of these apps in the last 6 months and that one is the best IMO..

Quote from: btomlin on April 20, 2022, 11:46:10 AM
Quote from: 1ST DRAW on April 20, 2022, 11:38:52 AM

I just got BaseMap for $27.99 with code Kiraru.  I'm going to give it a try.  Normally $34.99

HS Pro appeared to be $29.99. 

Gaia Pro was $35.99(it normally $39.99)

Flatbottomarky

Been using onx for awhile. Seems like some places it's pretty accurate and some not so much on the property lines. Also yes some of the aerial shots are several years old.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

bluetick58

you can download maps on basemap just did it on a trip to Kansas and Nebraska

Bagg-it Tag-it

Quote from: mcw3734 on April 19, 2022, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: JeffC on April 19, 2022, 03:58:16 PM
GAIA, pay for premium service, get all states.

Used to use OnX, but now I use GAIA. Yes, GAIA lets you download maps and is much more customizable. Much cheaper as well.

However, I found GAIA to not be as intuitive as OnX. But with some use, it wasn't an issue.
My first mapping app was Gaia. I used it a year. Its actually has more functionality than onX but you can get lost in the app layers.....but you can find really cool features as well. I went to onX two or three years ago. More of my hunting buddies use it so we can share waypoints and things we save easily among one another. In top of that its more intuitive and easier to use. People say gaia is cheaper but its $40 instead of $80 for a year so ¯\_(?)_/¯. I actually use both but use onX 99% of the time. They are both pretty easy to use but for what you do most of the time onX is easier. My analogy is Gaia is like android (less intuitive but does more stuff if you learn to dig around) and onX is like iphone. More vanilla but does what you do most of the time easier and more intuitively. My $0.02