OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NC #2

Started by tomstopper, April 12, 2022, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomstopper

Haven't been able to hunt mornings since Sunday so I decided to try and hunt this evening (same location as Sunday with the landowners blessing). Seen this guy on the field on the other side of a wooded hedgerow and he was strutting. He wouldn't gobble but every time I would call, he would break into full strut. After about an hour of playing this game, I decided to low crawl across the small field to the hedgerow. Once I got there, I used a tree to block my movement and called to him again and all he would do is strut with his group of hens. After about 20 mins he finally got to 35 yards and I took the shot. First gobbler that I have taken in the evening in years (first NC evening gobbler but have killed some in the evenings in NY and PA). With today's temps in the 80's, I can honestly say that I definitely prefer morning hunts. Very blessed to have tagged out here in NC and can now focus on my Ohio trip next weekend.

19.74lbs, 10 1/8in beard, 1 1/4in and 1in spurs

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Turkeybutt

Congrats on a fine looking bird.
Good luck in Ohio.

justin.arps

Congratulations on A nice bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats on another fine Tom and tagging out. Have a safe and successful hunt in Ohio.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

FLGobstopper

Congrats and good luck in OH

tomstopper

Thanks everyone and good luck to everyone that is still hunting

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

gunboy203