turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Swamp Music

Started by ncmountainfella, June 11, 2011, 08:50:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncmountainfella

Has anyone ever seen a glass call called swamp music? I went to the Georgia state calling competition several years ago at Unicoi State park, outside of Helen. This guy was there and his main profession was woodwork but he had made a series of glass calls and swamp music was his name for them. Probably the best sounding glass calls that I have ever heard!! Anybody lucky enough to have one or know who made these?

TarheelTurk

Sorry never heard of the call. But you could maybe try asking on the GON FORUM maybe some of them guys may be able to help you.
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

savduck

I dont go to the unico show, but have been to Perry for the last 17 years. I dont recall seeing anyone at the Perry show with a call of that name.
Georgia Boy

Spring Creek Calls

I believe the Swamp Music calls were made by Joe Mole. Had one back a few years ago and traded it for a box some time ago. I remember it being blasted glass in a maple pot. It sounded good but had way too many calls at the time.
Joe does a lot of video work, saw him on a video shoot with Turkey Call in KS with a guy I met while hunting there, Todd Adolph.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ncmountainfella

Good thinking Tarheelturk! Hey Gobblez, Joe Mole was with the guy selling these! You are the man!! I hope you love that box call you traded for, I loved the sound of that sweet swamp music!!!