OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

single shot rear sight question

Started by sswv, April 11, 2022, 09:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

I've been working on a NEF .410 single shot for a friend of mines 6 year old grandson. I took off the wood set and added a synthetic set. I shortened the stock considerably and he's been shooting it but is having a terrible time getting it lined up. I remember years ago I bought a plastic snap on rear V-notch sight for a 20ga single for my daughter and it worked perfect. It's long gone and I am having a terrible time finding another one. Does anyone here have any idea who made them or where I can find one?

thanks in advance

Dtrkyman

Vent rib?   Tru Glo or a Williams fire sight, metal construction and adjustable.

sswv

I wish it was a vent rib Dtrkyman because that would make it a LOT easier but it's smooth.

lowoctane

Use two snap ons and modify the rear to work for elevation... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

ChesterCopperpot

I'd drill and tap for a rear sight. Competent gunsmith should be able to do quickly and cheaply. Plenty of options that won't require a rail but will require a screw. If that was the route you wanted to go I'd just buy the rear sight first and take it to them. If I didn't want to do that, and some folks might blast me for this, but as low priced as those guns are I'd likely just JB weld a a rear sight onto it and disregard the screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk