OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2nd Gobbler of 2022. Wife's FIRST Turkey ever!!

Started by Cowboy, April 10, 2022, 09:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

Roosted this gobbler last night. Only one gobble and had to jerk it out of him at sundown. We slipped in early this morning and about an hour after fly down he came in. He gobbled behind us but we we were able to switch trees and I made 2 series of calls and then we heard him drumming.  I told her I hear drumming a little to your left.  He walked in to view at about 75 then strutted and half strutted into 30 steps. She made a fine shot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

owlhoot

762hunter

That's awesome! Great bird. Could she hear the drumming as well? I know some cannot hear drumming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

the Ward

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Zobo

Sounds like a great scenario for her first bird even though he wasn't gobbling much, nice going!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Cowboy

Quote from: 762hunter on April 10, 2022, 09:54:11 AM
That's awesome! Great bird. Could she hear the drumming as well? I know some cannot hear drumming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, She was hearing it as well. Shes been going hunting with me over 5 years now. Plus we rake the kids youth season. For past 3 years. Even got them to hear drumming during their seasons. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Congrats to both of you!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JeffC

Thats AWESOME!! Congratulations Mrs. Cowboy, great picture also.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

jmart241

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

3bailey3