OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sad Day

Started by WV Flopper, April 08, 2022, 12:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Flopper

Received a new load of calls today, none of them made it into my vest.

I have carried a World Class since spring of 93 or 94. Last season I noticed it was dying, it had a hollow weak sound and would barely break. I did notice today it will keekee pretty well but no good clucks would follow. I wish when I started hunting I would have documented the turkeys called in with the call. It has been a semi load full I am sure!

I am retiring it. I have replaced it's dominate spot in my vest with my son's fairly new "World Class". So luckily for.me I had a back up available.

I sure do hope Cody comes back in the game. I would love to buy a few more calls and get my old one restored. I can't carry my son's forever, well, maybe I can.

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Boy, I had those photos way to big, sorry.

Retry.

gergg

Maybe the glue has come loose on the playing surface? Might be worth fixing it if that is really the issue.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Tom007

It won a bunch of battles for you I'm sure. I have an Old Spec One, thank god it still sings. I would be sad if it didn't. When Cody comes back, Bill could probably resurrect it for you. Good luck, lots of memories there....

WV Flopper

I could run a full fighting purr with that baby. Last awesome kill with that call was three years ago on a youth hunt.

We had a gobbler talking with some hens but they weren't going to commit. Some dude come along and called in the road above us and the turkey never replied. Coyotes started after the guy called and no response, two minutes later the battle resumed.

We had actually quite this turkey and were about to make a move when a big girl decided to run her mouth. After that the Cody shined. Had the gobbler in the front and the hens behind, a youth hunt success. Strutted right to his death.

I killed a few off of it last year and called up a bunch of others but could tell it was losing its pep. The A.G.E. I guess has taken his voice away. Just like my hearing, we all have challenges but I hope to fix this issue before next season.