OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cell Cams? What One to Get?

Started by gatrapper, April 07, 2022, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

I have been wanting to get a cell cam to put out in the woods for a while. I'm ready to purchase one, but don't know a reputable brand.

Additionally, is there a way to pay the monthly/yearly fee directly through the company without having to add another device to my Verizon account?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

strut-n-rut

Tactacam reveal

Sent from my SM-S115DL using Tapatalk

gatrapper

strut-n-rut

X

gatrapper

Does it also come with a solar add on? I saw on a website that there is an SK model that comes equipped with one.

strut-n-rut

No but you can add one

FL-Boss

Tactacam reveal - you don't need to add anything to your current cell plan....pick Verizon or ATT service.  It's separate and goes through Tactacam....which I like.  They have plans for about $5-$13 per month... the app is great, you can fine-tune a lot of settings..

bcuda

I have the X and the XB and the pictures are so much better with the XB and you can download your videos on the app unlike the X where you can only access the videos from the SD card. Also the XB comes with a sisms card for Verizon or AT&T so you can pick the one that has better service where you mount the camera. The Tactacam X , XB and SK cell service are paid by a monthly payment to Tactacam so you do not have to add another service on your phone. The X and XB both have the external port to add a Solar panel and the SK has a built in solar panel with the unit. I would recommend the XB or the SK they are awesome !

lunghit

I have a Spartan for two full seasons now and love it. Going to pick up another this season.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

ElkTurkMan

I have been running RECONYX cell cams. They are pricey but they have been flawless and they have a 5 year warranty and there made in the USA

Boykin Hollow

Funny that you asked this question as just today I purchased a tactacam reveal from camping world today

tracker#1

I've been selling trail cams for 8 years out of a large Sportsman's retail store. Before you buy check out the website trailcampro.com They test the most cameras and review them and grade them. Also nowadays there are two types, cellular and conventional. I judge quality by availability. In other words what flies out of the store, is customer demand. If you go conventional, you can't beat a Browning strike force for the money, Celluar, Reval Tactacam are offered now in 3 models. Yes, you can purchase a Tactacam with a solar panel attached on top, for $179.99 or purchase a solar panel separately for the other two models which Tactacam makes. I personally own two Tactacam Reval and love them...

squidd

Browning takes great photos and batteries last a long time!

Reveal Tactacam is easy to use, simple setup and reliable.

Boonelli14

Another vote for the reveal X. Starting running them last year and have had no issues. App is solid and the customer service is hard to beat. Have friends that use cuddeback and spartan and love them.....but they also make a lot more money than I do!

TauntoHawk

My dad and I have switched all cams to various models of tactacams, I think the family has about 17-20 on a plan both Verizon and at&t

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>