turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska shotgun season

Started by Jim K, April 07, 2022, 05:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim K

I watched Shane Simpson's new video last night. He shot a bird in Nebraska with a shotgun. There were a couple comments saying it must be from 2021 since shotgun season doesn't start til the 16th. He said no he shot it last week. Is there a special season some where in the state for shotguns before the regular season? I didn't see anything on their website.

btomlin

Look into some of the reservations in the state.  I believe they do their own thing.

fallhnt

I saw a post that he put up a couple hrs later that he was in IL. Made me think spell check got him. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Jim K

Quote from: btomlin on April 07, 2022, 07:35:13 AM
Look into some of the reservations in the state.  I believe they do their own thing.
That's what I was thinking but couldn't find anything on Nebraska site.

btomlin

Quote from: Jim K on April 07, 2022, 08:45:47 AM
Quote from: btomlin on April 07, 2022, 07:35:13 AM
That's what I was thinking but couldn't find anything on Nebraska site.

Try searching under "Nebraska Reservation Turkey Hunting".  It appears the reservations have their own systems possible.

Cottonmouth

If it's from this year, it's most definitely a reservation hunt. Most are open now for shotgun hunting. Too cold for me right now, heading there in 3 weeks.

joey46

High winds and cold in much of the west right now.  Typical.  It can change in a minute.

AndyN

Rez birds that opened March 19th for the low price of $320.

simpzenith

Quote from: Jim K on April 07, 2022, 05:58:55 AM
I watched Shane Simpson's new video last night. He shot a bird in Nebraska with a shotgun. There were a couple comments saying it must be from 2021 since shotgun season doesn't start til the 16th. He said no he shot it last week. Is there a special season some where in the state for shotguns before the regular season? I didn't see anything on their website.

It was on tribal lands. There's a number of them in out west that allow hunting and they have their own Wildlife Department and regulations (season dates, etc.)

Quote from: fallhnt on April 07, 2022, 08:30:16 AM
I saw a post that he put up a couple hrs later that he was in IL. Made me think spell check got him. Who knows.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I was in Illinois. :) I hunted Nebraska last week, went home to Minnesota to work the weekend, left Minnesota Sunday, hunted Illinois Monday. Got lucky and filled my Illinois tag late Monday morning then drove to Nebraska in order to hunt there Tuesday morning. Back home in Minnesota now to work another weekend shift before heading back to Nebraska Sunday evening to hunt state land for their archery season. That's why my truck has 300k miles on it. lol

Cowboy

Thanks for the update Shane. Be safe on the road. Always enjoy your videos. Good Luck. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk