turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2021 Osceolas come home

Started by Yoder409, April 05, 2022, 07:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Picked up my pair of Osceolas from last spring, plus my cousin's.  His is only half way home as it needs to return to Florida.

I had the taxidermist leave my bases unfinished so I can match the habitat up myself from the kill pics I have.

My Alachua county bird:

My Polk county bird:

Cousin's Alachua county bird:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

the Ward

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

joey46

3bailey3

OJR

JeffC

Congrats Don, great memories every time you look at them.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Chief Razor

Yoder409

Thanks for the kind words, everyone !!!

These two Osceolas complete my garage collection of at least one example of each of the five Royal Slam subspecies.  Counting the Osceola I'm babysitting for my cousin, there are 12 full mounts of wild turkeys in the garage.   I tease my taxidermist that I put his son through college.   In the last 25 or so years........there's only been one 6 month period (between turkeys and whitetails) where I did NOT have something at his shop.    :z-dizzy: :goofball: :help:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

They look great, nice trophies....

RutnNStrutn

You'll remember those hunts every time you look at those mounts!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

How do the heads on those turkeys stack up against the others you have mounted?

Yoder409

Quote from: WV Flopper on April 05, 2022, 07:22:34 PM
How do the heads on those turkeys stack up against the others you have mounted?

Pretty comparable.

I should have added that the lighting for these pics is lousy.  The window in the garage was washing the pics out.  I'm pretty particular about the heads on my mounts.  I'm happy with these ones.
PA elitist since 1979

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoteduster