OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wisconsin

Started by Ches., April 04, 2022, 05:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ches.

My season starts on the 20th, I have not seen any fanning yet, only small groups feeding. I live in SE WI and hunt west central. Our season starts almost a week earlier this year than most years. Weather has been jumping around from highs in the 20's to 50's. Snow one day then melting the next.

MK M GOBL

I have birds, and they are gobbling and strutting quite a bit more than the usual stuff.

Also season is actually later in the than normal since WI DNR pushed the entire season span back by a week a few years ago...

MK M GOBL

Wisgobbler

Birds are gobbling some here. I'm in the driftless region. Weather hasn't really been conducive to great gobbling activity IMO but I've seen some activity on the nicer days. As far as the seasons go I sure wish the dnr woulda left them alone.  Good luck this season guys and more importantly have fun. I drew time period B zone 1. But I'll hunt as much as possible until the last possible day. 

Ches.

I have period "A" Zone "C". I usually go up the weekend prior and set up blinds and do some scouting but that's Easter weekend and have to use my get out of jail cards wisely. I have seen them fanning down here so they are going. Regardless, I know I will have a great time. Stuffed 14# of venison hot sticks for the blind and share with buddies yesterday. I will be up at least for 5 days.
Ches.

Ches.

I am seeing very few turkeys and non fanning. Other people I know are seeing them. Finger must have gone thru the paper. My season starts in 3 days, hope my luck changes.

Ches.

Not seeing any birds in the field anymore. Saw some very large groups about a month ago. Amazing how the groups split up. I live in Muskego but hunt just North of Black River Falls. Will be going up the Friday prior to period A to scout and stay there till season. I have never used trail cameras to pattern Turkeys but am going to give it a try this year.