turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Electric Bike Tips and Accessories

Started by Turkeybutt, March 31, 2022, 03:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

I just bought a Bakcou Mule ( Step Through for easier access)  electric bike.
Does anybody know of any accessories available that I could put on this bike to make my trip in and out of the woods easier?
I figure I'll need a gun holder of some sort that mounts to the handlebars and I'm sure some company makes them available.
Knowing turkey hunters, I'm thinking the guys and or gals that have a bike may have made something or bought something that would come in handy.
I don't want to waste money on something that doesn't work so I'm open to any and all suggestions.

fallhnt

Depending on where you plan on hunting a handlebar mounted gun carrier may not be ideal.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Remturkey

I assume your bike came with a rear rack. If so, but a nice bag that straps to it that has multiple zippered pockets.  First thing I would recommend putting in here is some sort of tool kit for your bike, for example a spare chain, small hand pump, zip ties, pliers etc.  If you have a mid-drive and your chain breaks your SOL and will be pushing it back.  Sure glad I had a spare chain a few weeks ago when mine broke.

Also a good handle mounted light is a good idea.  It's fun customizing your bike to your needs and style.  Very glad I bought mine. Good luck

Turkeybutt

The bike did come with a rear rack so I'll be on the hunt for some type of saddle bag system as well.
A little tool bag, good thinking!
Honestly I would have never thought about a spare chain but your right if it breaks I'm SOL. If not a small hand pump maybe a can of fix flat might come in handy.
I see the Bakcue accessory line carries a fishing rod mount but nothing to mount a bow or gun to the bike.
Do you carry your shotgun over your shoulder or did you buy some sort of handle bar mount?  If so, what brand and are you happy with it? I want something really secure that will hold my shotgun firmly in place.
Thank you for your input as it got me to thinking.
Good luck hunting!

Turkeybutt

Fallhnt
I'm thinking if I have my shotgun or bow securely mounted on the bike it would be safer for me than having it strapped over my shoulder should I have some sort of accident.
I have approx. 500 acres that I can hunt, and I would use the bike to travel across fields or logging roads. I won't be using it to go through the woods at all but who knows, there might be a time that I do. With that said what are your thoughts?

btodd00

Ive been hunting off my dads M2S bike, got a Osceola on public land opening weekend using it. Just some of my observations, in Florida we have a lot of hog rooting so the gun on the handlebars wasn't my favorite but I wore my vest on my back so im not really sure where else I would put it. Keeping the turkey on the rack for the 4 mile ride back was the hardest part, it fell off a good 15 times. I didn't want to modify a bike that isnt mine since he uses it to deer hunt but a piece of wood/metal attached to the back rack would make it bigger and easier to keep stuff on top. I also thought a milk crate on top of it would have worked well. I have a run and gun vest so carrying the bird in the vest was a no go

BBR12

I haven't really modified mine much. I do have a milk crate I can strap on the back.
Go ahead and put slime in your tires that will potentially save a flat way back in the woods somewhere from a small hole. That was one of the first things I did to mine. I do need to get a spare chain.
I usually just keep my gun on my back

fallhnt

Quote from: Turkeybutt on April 01, 2022, 05:58:20 AM
Fallhnt
I'm thinking if I have my shotgun or bow securely mounted on the bike it would be safer for me than having it strapped over my shoulder should I have some sort of accident.
I have approx. 500 acres that I can hunt, and I would use the bike to travel across fields or logging roads. I won't be using it to go through the woods at all but who knows, there might be a time that I do. With that said what are your thoughts?
Depending on the width of the trail you're riding on.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Remturkey

I just sling my gun across my back.  Was really close to getting handlebar mounted gun rack but just didn't feel like it would be the best place In the event of a wreck. 

Turkeybutt

I'm still on the fence, gun rack or sling it?
Like you I feel it might not be the best place to be in the event of a wreck.  It would be nice to have my gun secured on the handlebars and one less thing I have to worry about, but safety first!
I might just sling it across my back for now.

Chief Razor

What about a hard gun scabbard for an ATV. Could probably mount it butt side up on the support bracket from the rear rack. Seems it would be out of the way, protected against falls, and more streamlined for narrow trails.

Turkeybutt

I was thinking along those lines. I made mention to a member along that same line of thinking this morning. I mentioned a saddle holster like the cowboys used but a hard gun scabbard would work better maybe attached to the seat tube and the rear rack tubing.
Good thinking Chief Razor!

Cutt

Quote from: silvestris on April 02, 2022, 12:38:21 PM
Training wheels.

And don't forget a bell and LED spoke lights. :bike2:

Turkeybutt

I got the Training wheels, little bell and LED spoke lights.
Thanks guys!
Oh I picked up some handle bar tassels as well. I wanted them in pink glitter but I got them in Camo.