turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Did Knight and Hale go out of business?

Started by Louisiana Longbeard, March 29, 2022, 10:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louisiana Longbeard

I looked on there website and it does not show any calls available, Just curious if they went out or quit or what.

Cowboy

I believe you may be right. Grand total of 5 items pulled up on their website search
And none were Turkey calls. They sold their business awhile back but not sure what's going on. I saw Harold Knight back in the winter at my gun store I go to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

Wow, that would be huge if that is correct.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Cowboy

Lots of new products for sale on Ebay but I'm not pulling up anything on the website like LL said . Could just be website issues. Who knows?

Gooserbat

Knight and Hale was sold several years ago to pradco and in the grand scheme of things they quit making calls and have basically let the brand die.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dublelung

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 29, 2022, 12:47:25 PM
Knight and Hale was sold several years ago to pradco and in the grand scheme of things they quit making calls and have basically let the brand die.

Yep that's correct! 
If any of you who listen to podcasts haven't listened to Fist Full of Dirt with Harold Knight as Cuz's guest you need to listen to it.

Greg Massey

Knight Hale game calls are no longer in business...

Cowboy

Hate to see that but I got my Gooserbat red slate pot call ready and on go!

joey46

Met them both and bought an original tube call from them while they were still barbers in Cadiz, KY.  Harold would be in his early 70s by now and the rumor was David had serious health problems.  Through the magic of Kentucky telecheck I've seen Harold still pops a KY gobbler or two every once in a while.  God bless them both.  Very friendly and personable.  An entire chapter of Col. Dave Harbour's book Hunting the American Wild Turkey details one of Harold's early LBL hunts.  Good stuff. 

Picture is the tube call that after I purchased it Harold set up the diaphragm and did a quick test gobble.  It hasn't gobbled since but does great cutts and yelps.  This was long before anyone was worried about Covid or even Aids so Harold's spit wasn't then a concern.  LOL.  Call has since been cleaned up and fitted with new rubber.  No it's not. 

Yoder409

Got to sit one time and BS with just the two of them one time.  Oddly enough..........we talked mostly about farming and other stuff.  Two of the most GENUINE good ol' boys you will ever run across !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

Sad news. When I started Turkey hunting in the early 80's, I bought a Knight & Hale Turkey hunting cassette tape that taught me how to use the mouth diaphragm. It was a very instructional tape with very good information for a beginner hunter. I can still hear Harold Knights voice: "Say the word chalk" when learning to Yelp on the moth call. It worked.....be well, they will be missed from the call making business.

RiverBuck

Quote from: dublelung on March 29, 2022, 01:11:05 PM
Quote from: Gooserbat on March 29, 2022, 12:47:25 PM

Yep that's correct! 
If any of you who listen to podcasts haven't listened to Fist Full of Dirt with Harold Knight as Cuz's guest you need to listen to it.

Yep... That's a great podcast.

Dtrkyman

What episode is that podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverBuck

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 29, 2022, 07:42:00 PM
What episode is that podcast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fist Full Of Dirt
Episode 105

btomlin

Listened to the entire 1:15 podcast on my walk tonight.   Good stuff!  Thanks for the recommendation!