turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headed to eye doctor astigmatism

Started by Old Gobbler, March 29, 2022, 07:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencop01

Last year got diagnosed with cataracts and had both lenses replaced with plastic ones. Two separate surgeries 6 months apart. On my way to being a Bionic man. But after surgery I can see so much better because he put prescription lenses in. Amazing what they can do today. I just need glasses to read. Hope your vision improves. Good Luck this year.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Cottonmouth

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 29, 2022, 07:41:25 AM
My astigmatism has been getting worse in the last few years , my last prescription is 3 years old and it's time !

It's so  bad in my right eye , the bead on my shot gun is blurry ! I guess I didn't really realize how bad it was untill I shouldered my gun on my left shoulder and could see way better , I just procrastinated too long
No reason not to take advantage of the insurance we have at ups. We work too much and too many years not to use it! Hope everything goes well.

Marc

I am an eye doc...  After 40 or so, most people need glasses for something, and most people have some improvement with distance vision.  Astigmatism is extremely common, and with increased near work and technology, we are seeing dramatic changes in young people and vision issues as well as us old folk.

One thing I can say, is that you get what you pay for with glasses and especially lenses.  Coatings, lens designs (especially in no-line bifocals or progressives), lens materials, etc., can all make a huge impact in visual quality...  You get what you pay for.

After 50 years old, I strongly favor elective cataract surgery over lasik...  Lasik is great for that 25-35 year old patient with the right correction... 
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Turkeyman

I use red dot sights on both my turkey shotguns and bow; the red dots were misshapen blobs. Plus, from a hunting aspect, I hate glasses...always fogging up, etc. I had cataract surgery last October, getting the multi-focal plus astigmatism lenses. I no longer need glasses for near or far and my red dots are now nice and crisp. If there is a downside it would be the haloing you get from headlights and traffic lights but I consider that very tolerable.

Yoder409

Quote from: Cottonmouth on March 29, 2022, 11:12:41 PM
Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 29, 2022, 07:41:25 AM
My astigmatism has been getting worse in the last few years , my last prescription is 3 years old and it's time !

It's so  bad in my right eye , the bead on my shot gun is blurry ! I guess I didn't really realize how bad it was untill I shouldered my gun on my left shoulder and could see way better , I just procrastinated too long
No reason not to take advantage of the insurance we have at ups. We work too much and too many years not to use it! Hope everything goes well.

Boy !!!   You must have a better regional supplement on your contract than we do on ours.............

Pretty ssure laser surgery isn't covered by our insurance.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.