turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headed to eye doctor astigmatism

Started by Old Gobbler, March 29, 2022, 07:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

My astigmatism has been getting worse in the last few years , my last prescription is 3 years old and it's time !

It's so  bad in my right eye , the bead on my shot gun is blurry ! I guess I didn't really realize how bad it was untill I shouldered my gun on my left shoulder and could see way better , I just procrastinated too long 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jshark14

I have an astigmatism also. If I don't wear contacts, multiple red dots are present when shooting. Easy fix though...could be worse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I have been dealing with astigmatisms in both my eyes my entire life, no fun. That's why I went to a scope, I could no longer see my fiber optic sights anymore. Best of luck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Hobbes

I stayed with the beads for a long time and still like the simplicity but the red dot just made seeing the sights so much easier that I finally gave in.  Good luck with the doc visit.  I'm due one myself.

richard black

X2 on the welcoming to old age. Blurry front bead is no fun and trying to use iron sights is worse. Glad they invented red dots for sure. The ol eyes ain't what they used to be !

the Ward

Yup same here. Pain in the butt to deal with for sure. Had to get glasses to pass my dot physical this time. Could pass eye exam with left eye but not my right. Glasses really cleaned up the blob i was seeing when looking through a red dot, now it is a much crisper round dot! Went to a scope for a while because of it, probably go back to a red dot again. Loved the scope, just not the weight or bulk that comes with it on a turkey shotgun.

Haymarket

I had dealt with astigmatism in both eyes for a few decades....finally got tired of them and had them Lasik repaired a few weeks ago. I got monovision correction, so one eye for close, and one for distance. Very happy so for with it.

Haypatch

mountainhunter1

I used to only have one bead on the end of my shotgun barrel. Some years later I have begun to think that there are now three beads on the end of it. But my wife can still see, and she assured me there is still only one bead on my barrel. I bet most of us on here could use a visit to the eye doctor.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

bwhana

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on March 29, 2022, 12:08:28 PM
I used to only have one bead on the end of my shotgun barrel. Some years later I have begun to think that there are now three beads on the end of it. But my wife can still see, and she assured me there is still only one bead on my barrel. I bet most of us on here could use a visit to the eye doctor.
I just figured out which red dot was real, and ignore the others!

roosterstraw

I have one in my right eye too and I'm not that old. Well, I at least like to think I'm not. I don't wear contacts or glasses but I figure at some point I will have to. My eye will bother me if I shoot my bow or rifle through a scope for a significant amount of time. Very unfortunate.

g8rvet

Good thing you did not go to my eye doc.  If he found out you were a turkey hunter, that's all you would talk about!  He is a good friend and we go to SK every year on a duck hunt as well.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Yoder409

I've got it, too.

Easy fix with contacts..........or laser surgery.  Git r done and go huntin'.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Howie g

Got em also ... I wear glasses .  Pain in my but !  But no choice