turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stretch fit gloves

Started by Gooserbat, March 28, 2022, 12:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Suggestions please.  I started using primos years ago, quality went down.  Made the switch to Ol' Tom... quality went down and the fit has gotten worse.  Anyone tried the North Mountain Gear? What about Nomad?  I don't really care about the pattern.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Big Jeremy

I like both the NMG and Nomad stretch fit gloves. Even if you hadn't asked those two specifically, that's the two I'd recommend. Neither of them have failed me yet, but the Nomad seem like they may be slightly more well made (the sticky grippers on the palms have worn off some, but I've worn them a lot.) NMG ones are still nice, and haven't shown signs of giving up on me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PennBirdy

Hands down the Nomad. Haven't found a better and more durable pair yet.

PALongspur

Nomad

I had high hopes for the North Mountain Gear but the pair I tried last year started falling apart after a week of hunting.

Tom007

I like these Shocker stretch gloves by Allen. They have built in mouth call holder, fit real nice, and has easy grip palms. They are the best I have used to date. This will be my 3rd season with this pair.

Nathan_Wiles

I have both nomad and nmg with the exposed thumb and trigger fingers. The NMG was pretty tight on my hands great glove but too tight for me. I run the Nomad's and they've held up well, my daughter uses the NMG's and loves them. I sure like not taking scissors to brand new gloves.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

7shooter

UA, tight fit stretch and long cuffs.  I have the Ol Tom gloves and their ok.

Burney Mac

North Mountain Gear. I have the Nomad as well...they are a little thicker only have thumb and index cut out and the cut is a little long for my likening. The North Mountain have thumb, index and middle cut out and they're cut to the knuckles They fit tight, are thinner than Nomad and have a good grippy palm. They seem to hold up pretty well.
"It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

hootgobbleyelpgobble

Going on year 3 I believe with my Nomad gloves and really like them. Like someone else said, a few of the grippers in the palm are just starting to go.

BBR12

I've been using NMG since last year. They have held up well but they are tight taking them off( these are the fingerless. They feel fine wearing them just tight coming back Over the knuckles.
Grounded has some double stitched gloves coming. They were still waiting on them to come in at NWTF. They thought they would be in soon. They looked well made. 

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sungrazer

Just received a new pair of Mossy Oak off eBay @ $9.99. Glad I saw this thread as the sticky rubber on the gloves is pretty shiny, need to rough that up some before 1st season next week.

skimerhorn

Been wearing the same pair of nomad past 2 years. They've held up well

JohnSouth22

Game keeper arnt too bad just gotta trim the fingers off. 21$ too

Chief Razor

I have a few pair of the NMG fingerless gloves. So far no complaints