OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heading to bama

Started by chbarnha, March 27, 2022, 08:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chbarnha

I'm heading to alabama to hunt starting Saturday for a week, gonna start more north and then head down coosa way later in the week. With that being said I'm thinking about trying talladega national forest/ choccolocco or skyline. If you had to pick one for the first part of the week which would it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

T-town

Jimspur

You should hunt all 3, and then report back here which one was the
best.

grayfox

Quote from: T-town on March 27, 2022, 10:16:20 AM
No turkeys in Bama

Yep that's right. Hadn't seen one in 10 years.

grayfox

Just kidding you. I mostly hunt the Talladega National Forest, the one in Chilton & Perry County.

PaytonWP

Just making sure you know that if you kill a bird that's the only one you can kill. 1 gobbler limit the first 10 days on public this year.

Bottomland

Not sure when your hunting but remember season doesn't start till April 1st on Most WMAs and National Forest this year.  Just a heads up.

Jstocks

I honestly don't know why anyone would travel to Alabama to hunt a turkey. Even on private land, the hunting is marginal at best.

Muzzy61

Can't help with the intell, but hope you have a great and safe hunt.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

dublelung

Quote from: Jstocks on March 27, 2022, 09:28:42 PM
I honestly don't know why anyone would travel to Alabama to hunt a turkey. Even on private land, the hunting is marginal at best.
That depends on where you go.  ;)

Good luck to you on your hunt!

Hook hanger

Birds play better the further south you are as season starts is something I would consider in choosing a place to hunt.

strum

I can tell you for fact turkeys are hot in north Alabama right now. Don't let these guys pull your chain. I have no idea about the southern parts.