OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tick borne disease

Started by Nate, March 27, 2022, 12:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate

Has anyone else had long term complications from tick borne disease? I feel like I'm somewhere between 95-99 percent cured but it was one h-++ of a rough road.

Remturkey

When was you diagnosed with it and what were your symptoms?

Paulmyr

Both my brother and my dad have had Lyme disease. Don't seem to bother either anymore.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Turkeytider

The most dangerous thing in the woods is smaller than the nail on your little finger ( well, unless you count some idiot with a gun!).

eggshell

I got cellulitis from a tick bite that was pretty nasty. My cousin had lyme disease and has some lasting effects. The worse I know of is my Sister-in-law has alpha-gal from a tick bite. She can not eat any meat or byproduct from mammals, it puts her into anaphylactic shock . It can't be cured and she has to carry an epi pen and watch her diet the rest of her life. She has to request special service at restaurants, because if she gets food that was cooked on the same surface as mammal meat she reacts or even if butter or milk was used. It's a horrible situation. She is sick all the time. So many foods have by products that aren't listed well in the ingredients. I catch a lot of fish and I give her most of my doves, turkey breast and fish.

https://www.cdc.gov/ticks/alpha-gal/index.html

Nate

I got it when I was in my early 20s it went undiagnosed for several years,lots of very wierd symptoms and the regular Dr. Don't know or don't care,slot of the trouble is the CDC, the Dr.s had me on tons of BS that I didn't need, my symptoms were:  numbness in my face and head arms legs severe facial eye twitching panic attack's severe fatigue, l could not work a full day some of the panic attacks I ended up in the ER I was thinking about suicide it was scary as he++ .
I finally found a LLD LYME LITERATE DR.thank God that was in 2012,thanks to God above I feel very blessed, without the help I got I would have been in a wheelchair or bed ridden, my hunting buddiessay I would have just let it killed me, I say yeah if it was only that easy, it will cripple your thoughts and your physical ability. I'm very healthy now and I'm thankful for every day the Lord gives me.

Meleagris gallopavo

I have a colleague at Ohio State that has Lyme Disease and I thought she had ALS, MS or Parkinson's until someone told me.  Absolutely debilitating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Gooserbat

I had Lymes disease when I was seven years old.  When I was in my mid twenties I began to have side effects of it and have for the last twenty years.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Cowboy

My Dad got it back probably 30 years ago.  Definitely long term effects from it. Was forced to retire early. He did construction work and had all kinds of issues from it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: eggshell on March 27, 2022, 07:33:21 AM
my Sister-in-law has alpha-gal from a tick bite. She can not eat any meat or byproduct from mammals, it puts her into anaphylactic shock . It can't be cured and she has to carry an epi pen and watch her diet the rest of her life. She has to request special service at restaurants, because if she gets food that was cooked on the same surface as mammal meat she reacts or even if butter or milk was used. It's a horrible situation. She is sick all the time.

Wow!! I've never heard of that. It would really suck to have it. Life changing event.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

roberthyman14

My wife was working with a Dr. For a while. They were working on a cure for Lyme disease.  Everything they did had to be recorded to the cdc.  If I remember correct the folks that stuck with the treatment it cured it.  Unfortunately its not something many drs are well versed in. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Turkeytider

Reading this thread makes one want to take a bath in Sawyer`s!!

Nate

Quote from: roberthyman14 on March 28, 2022, 09:13:59 PM
My wife was working with a Dr. For a while. They were working on a cure for Lyme disease.  Everything they did had to be recorded to the cdc.  If I remember correct the folks that stuck with the treatment it cured it.  Unfortunately its not something many drs are well versed in. 

The CDC is corrupt, they say two weeks of antibiotics and your over Lyme disease, what a joke, so there stance is long term Lyme disease is no such thing,so any dr.that follows CDC guidelines can't treat for something that doesn't exist

g8rvet

Quote from: Nate on March 29, 2022, 10:35:35 AM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on March 28, 2022, 09:13:59 PM

The CDC is corrupt, they say two weeks of antibiotics and your over Lyme disease, what a joke, so there stance is long term Lyme disease is no such thing,so any dr.that follows CDC guidelines can't treat for something that doesn't exist

They may be corrupt, but that is not really what they say at all.  I wondered about your statement as there is a grain of truth in it.  If caught very early, it is usually treated by a simple course of antibiotics (in my patients too).  The problem is in catching it early.  Also, catching it early works in most cases, but that does not mean all.

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.html

Many doctors would send you to an infectious disease expert if they thought you had Lyme, but you really need to see an Immunologist versed in infectious disease and specifically in Lyme. It turns into a auto-immune disorder, even if the actual causative bacteria is long gone.  Very few doctors would learn anything or should look to the CDC for education of treatment of Lyme.  It is an epidemiology organization - more interested in how you catch it and how it spreads.  They are really an infectious disease group and not well versed or really even tasked with other disciplines (like immunology).  To avoid it or where it is located would be in their purview, but not treatment of "long" Lyme. You are certainly correct about that.

I think there was hope for a vaccine, but in the canine world, the risk of the vaccine inducing the very thing we are trying to avoid (polyarthritis - an autoimmune arthritis) is often caused by the vaccine itself.  The human vaccine was pulled quickly. I don't know anything about it.

Tough disease and I am glad all of y'all are better.  Don't forget, your dogs can get it too! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Nate

G8
I am right what I said they don't treat it long enough to destroy t he bacteria , it changes form when it realizes it being atacked, I'm only trying to help other people understand it,because if I would have stayed with the regular Drs I'm sure I would have been crippled and probably diagnosed w/ something way off Q . There's also the Western Blot diagnostic test that the CDC and the drs.could utilize and they fail to do so. I decided when I got well. I would try to educate people on this because it was petheticthe, what I spent and the drugs these Drs put me on, because of neglect.