turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BOA lacing system on snake boots.

Started by Paulmyr, March 25, 2022, 05:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

I recently purchased a pair of Irish Setter snake boots with a BOA lacing system. Do any of you guys have experience with BOA? From what I can tell I think I'm going to like it.

For guys who don't know what the BOA is, instead off laces the boot uses a system of fine coated wire and composite guides to tighten the boots. The wire crosses the boot in 4 places like shoe laces but instead of returning back across the boots the wire runs up the side in composite guides for a few inches and than crosses back over the boot. The boot is tightened at the top by turning a ratchet type knob. The whole boots tightens at the same  time by applying equal pressure across boot instead with laces pulling on one crossover at a time as you work you way to the top.

Haven't used them in the turkey woods, just walking the new pup breaking them in. If you have used BOA how did it work for you. Was it durable? What are the Pros and cons in your opinion?
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Dtrkyman

I have BOA system on my wading boots, love it.  The snake boot being so high seems like it would be tough to tighten em up, if it were you would already know that.

Going strong for several guiding seasons, not issue.

bossgobbler

I have 2 pairs of Zamberlan boots with the BOA system. I love the BOA! They are so easy to tighten and loosen. If they get loose throughout the day I just crank it a bit and get back to moving along. I've had no issues with mine yet. I've got 3 full years on one set of boots and another full year on the other set. I can't speak for snake boots but I really like it on my hunting/hiker boots.

Paulmyr

I definitely like the fact that I don't have to rely on a zipper for ease of getting on and off. Seems to me that the would be the first place they would loose thier waterproofness and that's the main reason I purchased them.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

ChiefBubba

Being a bigger guy most snake boots don't fit me. These boots fit me like a glove and I really liked them in the store. Although I didn't buy I liked them. Bubba

Turkeytaker203

I have 5 pair of Cabelas Pinnacle Boa boots. Two pair of 800 gram, one pair of 400 gram, and two pair of the snake boots. Cabelas no longer carries these but from your photo I think the are almost the same except the Pinnacles have the tightening knob in the back. The reason I have so many is because I liked my first pair so much and since every hunting product I really like seems to get discontinued I bought some extra!
The easy on and off is great. I also have a pair of Danner lace up snake boots and they seem to be a hassle putting on. The Boas are super comfortable. One thing I do when I tighten them is I move my foot  up and down with my heel on the ground like I'm pressing on a gas pedal as I'm tightening, this seems to pull tighter and cinches closer to my ankle. I think you will be very happy with them.

Parrot Head

Your good looking dog doesnt seem to excited about them

Paulmyr

Quote from: Parrot Head on March 27, 2022, 03:41:46 PM
Your good looking dog doesnt seem to excited about them
She don't get excited about much until the Duluth pack comes out. Than she knows I'm going somewhere good and she wants to be with.