OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Large Turkey Poaching Ring Busted

Started by Remturkey, March 23, 2022, 11:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remturkey

Group killed over 100 turkeys in one season.  Hopefully they get a stiff penalty

https://t.co/bDpDoRXuuR

Greg Massey

Thank goodness they were finally caught and hunting privileges lost. These are some sorry people who were doing all this poaching.

Dtrkyman

Their poachers, many of them will continue doing the same, hopefully being caught will slow them down!

All to common from what I have heard in the south!  I had a client that had sole rights to a large tract in Alabama, he was whining about bird numbers, then in the same conversation he said he averaged a dozen birds a year of the place when it was "good".   Idiot!!!!

quavers59

I don't  know why the other 13 almost idolized the Ringleader?
   I think the Penalty  Time off from Hunting should have been Stiffer for all 14.
  That said- some will sneak around this Spring no dought.

Turkeybutt

It's a shame we have people in our ranks that feel the need to poach.
The lost of hunting privileges means nothing to somebody like that, they will continue to poach!

El Pavo Grande

The penalties for poaching should include jail time.  Second offenses should include castration.  Would slow it way down. 

TurkeyReaper69

Can't say I understand what revoking a poachers hunting privileges accomplishes... sounds about like those gun free zones to keep people safe lol. I guess they can't post on social media anymore so now they might actually quit, I know some folks probably wouldn't hunt if they couldn't gloat to strangers on the internet about their kills.

roberthyman14

2 of them still went turkey hunting even while being investigated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Sickening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Cottonmouth

We need a tag system with stiff penalties for violations here in Mississippi.

roberthyman14

Quote from: Cottonmouth on March 26, 2022, 04:05:02 PM
We need a tag system with stiff penalties for violations here in Mississippi.
Tags only work for honest folks.  Poachers gonna poach.  But yes a true tag system would help.  Even here in Florida we need 1 for deer as well. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk