News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bob Dixon

Started by roosterstraw, March 23, 2022, 08:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roosterstraw

Tom007

Wow, cool tribute. Thanks for sharing. Those vests are real nice. Had one years ago, regretfully sold it. Now you need a small mortgage to buy one. Wish they would come out with them again. They would sell like hot cakes. Love that picture of the bird his son harvested with his dads vest. The Old School battle worn 870. Nice memories for the family. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I have always wondered where some of the top numbered vest went. Thank you for sharing.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

Awesome story and tribute to a legend in his own right ... Bob Dixon now in turkey heaven... God Bless the family ...

Goodtimekiller

I have vest 64 with all the calls and knives that went with it, still in plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

That's a good read, thanks for sharing it.

grayfox

Thanks for posting this! Good stuff.

kytrkyhntr

Please note that his son is looking for #1957 mossy oak is registering them.

If you own one please send your name, number vest, and photo of proof to editorial@mossyoak.com
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

camotoe

Still using mine not sure of the number , tag is worn from years of use.

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: camotoe on March 23, 2022, 02:20:43 PM

Still using mine not sure of the number , tag is worn from years of use.

I believe this is a limbhanger, not a Dixon. Very similar but not the same.

camotoe

So I don't feel bad now that it in such bad shape . Lots of mikes on it . Thank you for the clarification.   

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: camotoe on March 23, 2022, 02:59:50 PM
So I don't feel bad now that it in such bad shape . Lots of mikes on it . Thank you for the clarification.   

Ive been looking for a back-up for years. Dont know why they stopped making them. Best turkey vest ever.

Tom007

Quote from: Goodtimekiller on March 23, 2022, 03:01:03 PM
Quote from: camotoe on March 23, 2022, 02:59:50 PM

Ive been looking for a back-up for years. Dont know why they stopped making them. Best turkey vest ever.

I sold my Dixon years ago, I regretted it. I did find a Mint condition Limbhanger vest, I is almost identical. You will come across one if you keep looking.  It is a fine vest..
"Solo hunter"

cuppednlocked

I remember looking at a rack of Dixon vests and thinking, "$150 for a vest?!"

I'm glad I did.  The vest and I have shared a lot of dirt through the years, and even managed to get a turkey or two in the process.

Chief Razor

I really enjoyed that article. I dont recall hearing about the vest when it came out. Mossy Oak sure did it right for one of their own.  I sure hope the boy finds the vest # hes looking for.