turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Not sure what to think; 104.125

Started by 3seasons, March 22, 2022, 06:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Congrats.  I believe I'd have to spend some cash and have that mounted by a good turkey taxidermist.

grayfox

Once in a life time bird for sure. Congrats!

Chief Razor

Incredible bird. Is this one you had been targeting or just happened upon him. Fine specimen indeed!

3bailey3

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

TurkeyReaper69

Congrats, bird of a lifetime right there.

ElkTurkMan

Tom007

Congrats on a rare, fine trophy

Zobo

I shot a triple last season. When I first saw it I thought it had just one really thick paintbrush beard. But when I walked up to it, to my surprise, I saw three nice distinct beards and a wisp of a fourth! I wonder if something similar happened to you or if you knew what you were shooting at the time. Spurs were nothing compared to yours, what a great bird, congrats!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

3seasons

Really Appreciate the thanks from everyone, Yes I Truly know how blessed I am to have been given the opportunity to take such a bird. And it will be etched into the memory bank forever.

Yes I took him to the Taxidermist today  "Turkeys by Nicky's Wildlife Artistry"

And I will also be frying some turkey soon, saved all the meat too.

Quote from: Chief Razor on March 22, 2022, 01:27:28 PM
Incredible bird. Is this one you had been targeting or just happened upon him. Fine specimen indeed!

He was the first bird that I've heard all year, I heard him gobble 2 times 3days prior.  This was my 25th morning in the woods, pre season scouting and hunting.

Quote from: Zobo on March 22, 2022, 08:09:24 PM
I shot a triple last season. When I first saw it I thought it had just one really thick paintbrush beard. But when I walked up to it, to my surprise, I saw three nice distinct beards and a wisp of a fourth! I wonder if something similar happened to you or if you knew what you were shooting at the time. Spurs were nothing compared to yours, what a great bird, congrats!

When he topped the first ridge with the other two gobblers he was a good bit larger than the other two and I could tell he had a really thick beard and that was the last time I looked at it. I was concentrating so hard on what he was doing I never looked back at it.  When he left that ridge and came across the saddle and onto the ridge we were on I only concentrated on trees, limbs and his head.   When I picked him up my buddy said "dang he's got 2 beards" and I said well thats cool and sat him down on his side to look. then they all started to come into view. I was in awe. Still am. 

Huge congats to you on your bird also. 

Howie g

I've got one with 5 and one with 4 beards mounted .  Both are in half strut gobbling on a limb.  Both are kind of in a horizontal position , really shows all the beards nicely .  Be glad to share a pic of them . Pm me if wanted .

3seasons

Quote from: Howie g on March 22, 2022, 09:08:07 PM
I've got one with 5 and one with 4 beards mounted .  Both are in half strut gobbling on a limb.  Both are kind of in a horizontal position , really shows all the beards nicely .  Be glad to share a pic of them . Pm me if wanted .

pm sent

would like some ideas to go off of.  thanks

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

reflexl

Yoteduster

heck of a gobbler.. Congrats and thanks for sharing