turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Guess the builder?

Started by Sixes, March 16, 2022, 11:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

Here's a trumpet owned by my cousin that was gifted to him by fairly well known Georgia call maker that has only built 4 of these.

Anyone want to make a guess?

Upfold99

Mabry

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Upfold99 on March 17, 2022, 07:00:07 AM
Mabry

That was my guess by the maker being in GA but could not remember his name. Was not sure if he made these or not though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Boykin Hollow

I have been to Lonnie's shop a time or two but never recalled him turning a trumpet.  If there had been one there while I was there then it would be with my trumpet collection. 

gergg

Not sure if it is Lonnie's, but having been to his shop many times, he did show me his trumpet a few times (can't remember if it resembled this one). He also told me he hasn't made many, so pretty cool if it is his.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sixes

I guess I should not have mentioned Georgia.

It was made by Lonnie and he gave it to my cousin several years back. It is 1 of 4 than he made and as far as I know, he hasn't made anymore

EZ

Quote from: Sixes on March 17, 2022, 02:37:06 PM
I guess I should not have mentioned Georgia.

It was made by Lonnie and he gave it to my cousin several years back. It is 1 of 4 than he made and as far as I know, he hasn't made anymore

Wow, that's really cool. What a tressure.

sbbow

That's fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upfold99

Winner! So do I get it for the prize.

Just kidding! Awesome call. I have spent some time with Mr Mabry myself but never saw any trumpets. The barrel just reminded me of the way he does the tops on his two piece strikers..

aclawrence

Wow that is cool. I wish o could have made it back to Mr. Mabry's place before the season is starting this year. I think I'll try to go after season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk