turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening morning starting lineup

Started by ChesterCopperpot, March 16, 2022, 10:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

I waste a lot of time every year thinking about what I'll carry opening morning. This year I'm going with an ode to Simon Everitt, a North Carolina pot hunter if there ever was one (a man after my own heritage and heart). I'll be toting a 1928 Winchester Model 12 commemorating the year Everitt's book Tales Of Wild Turkey Hunting was published, and I'll be calling from an Everitt style Roanoke yelper made by the incomparable Ralph Permar. Sometimes, for me, it's as much about the story and the tradition as it is anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

If you know......you know.

Well played, sir !!!!     :icon_thumright:

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Dtrkyman

Awesome, love the old model 12.  Trying to borrow one from my cousin who inherited one from my uncle Joe and kill a bird with it as a tribute to the old duck hunter!

Good luck.

ncturkey

boatpaddle

As Yoder said, YOU know...

I tip my favorite camo hat to you, Sir.

I hope, the memories are many for you this spring...

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

lacire

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

trkehunr93

Nice way to pay homage.  Good luck with that model 12 and that's one nice yelper!

Tom007

Wouldn't want to be a "love struck" Turkey in your woods while your toting that Model 12. Good luck.....can't wait to see the pics
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Tom007 on March 16, 2022, 10:49:30 AM
Wouldn't want to be a "love struck" Turkey in your woods while your toting that Model 12. Good luck.....can't wait to see the pics
Me either and mainly because the one place I'm cheating with regards to history is I'm throwing some 2-3/4" Foxtrot Hot Rods. That's a fistful of #9s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

That morning lineup will hunt for sure.  It's all about enjoying and sharing the history of turkey hunting. In my opinion any call you carry from a builder has a history behind the calls and that includes what gun and other items you take hunting with you. Making Memories ...

Cowboy

Yes the tradition is what it's all about.  More gratification I believe too. Good luck with the journey. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

greentrout

Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Zobo

You've definitely got style Chester!  It's about the journey, not the outcome.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

ElkTurkMan