OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shooting rest for kids

Started by terp, March 15, 2022, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terp

Anybody have ideas for a shooting rest for kids?  I made a rail out of PVC but I'm curious what others use.   I'd like something to run and gun but that doesn't limit the shot angle too much

PharmHunter

Primos makes a couple light trigger, telescoping models that would work well for running and gunning.  For a blind or single spot it is hard to beat the Bog Deathgrip.

FullChoke

I made one by lashing two old camouflaged aluminum arrows together about 4" down from one end. Just spread the other ends to adjust the right height for the kid and push down into the dirt. Quick, easy, effective, light and cheap. Doesn't really work in a pop-up blind, but effective for a ground blind or run-n-gun.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

RiverBuck

Mine uses the Bog death grip tripod.

wvmntnhick

Bog Pod shooting sticks. If you want to go lightweight, Kramer Designs buy it must connect to the swivel stud. I think it'll be harder to deal with on a shotgun but it only weighs 5 ounces and has all kinds of adjustment once you figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD_smith

My son used a cheap monopod from Walmart for awhile. Easy to move in a pinch but wasn't extremely steady. Tried a short triggerstick tripod (which is extremely well made imo) but for quick moves on a sweeping bird can be a pain. We've resorted to using the knee no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Bought my son the primos trigger stick tripod. Was pricey but worked great. Much better than the cheap monopod we used the year before.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

terp