OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest storage

Started by Rockhound, March 12, 2022, 10:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anyone have any ideas on a tube I can keep my trumpet in between hunts? I feel like it's gonna break in the pocket of my vest

bulian82

Get a 1.5" aluminum fly Rod tube. There are several people that make them and you can have them cut down to the length you need.

I believe Anthony Ellis makes some like these as well as David Hodgkins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulian82

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LabsRUsII

I sell the plastic tube, laynard  and microfiber bag if interested

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

RLAG

Quote from: LabsRUsII on March 12, 2022, 02:26:29 PM

Are those plastic cases hard like PVC pipe or would they flex if I had it in the back of my vest and leaned against a tree with it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

callmakerman

There's a guy on ebay selling cane tubes with a turned wood top that has a rubber O ring on it. Very strong and at 20 each well worth the money.

EZ

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about breaking a trumpet. All the components are extremely strong.

I've been carrying wingbones, Jordans and Trumpets on every hunt for 35 years and have never broken one ....yet.
And I'm not exactly careful going through the woods in pursuit of a gobbler.

I always have one around my neck and the others in an inside pocket in my vest.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: LabsRUsII on March 12, 2022, 02:26:29 PM

I received mine in the mail yesterday. Very pleased with my order. Thanks again John.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

davisd9

Quote from: EZ on March 13, 2022, 10:44:11 AM
To be honest, I wouldn't worry about breaking a trumpet. All the components are extremely strong.

I've been carrying wingbones, Jordans and Trumpets on every hunt for 35 years and have never broken one ....yet.
And I'm not exactly careful going through the woods in pursuit of a gobbler.

I always have one around my neck and the others in an inside pocket in my vest.

X2!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

LabsRUsII

They are hard, will not bend

Custom Call Maker
Turkey Calls- Trumpets, Tubes, Pots, Boxes
Duck Calls and whistles
Exotic woods

2nd 100

Ebay has tubes with a camo bag .
Alaskanbarbie
Ms Barbra has made several for me .
And Anthony's new design is almost indestructible!

randywallace

Someone above mentioned the cane tubes with rubber o-ring and turned wood stoppers on ebay.  Those are made by a fella named Greenlee.  Make damn sure of the dimensions before sending your money.  I sent him money for a few that I intended to give as gifts.  I told him IN WRITING the required internal measurement.  They came in and not a single one of them was of the required length.  His response was (a) to ask what kind of odd sized trumpet I had that wouldn't fit inside and (b) for me to ship them back on my dime for him to correct.

I didn't intent to pay shipping for his screw up so they got tossed in the garbage.  You would figure a fella that holds himself out as a callmaker would understand how to use a tape measure.  Live and learn.

Moh20

I've got a trumpet and case from John and I sat on it twice in my truck and it worked as advertised. 

DBuck90

Quote from: randywallace on March 16, 2022, 12:56:40 PM
Someone above mentioned the cane tubes with rubber o-ring and turned wood stoppers on ebay.  Those are made by a fella named Greenlee.  Make damn sure of the dimensions before sending your money.  I sent him money for a few that I intended to give as gifts.  I told him IN WRITING the required internal measurement.  They came in and not a single one of them was of the required length.  His response was (a) to ask what kind of odd sized trumpet I had that wouldn't fit inside and (b) for me to ship them back on my dime for him to correct.

I didn't intent to pay shipping for his screw up so they got tossed in the garbage.  You would figure a fella that holds himself out as a callmaker would understand how to use a tape measure.  Live and learn.
as you said you would think but common sense ain't always common ????

Sir-diealot

I bought this 2 years ago and like it quite a bit, it will fit into one of Glend's trumpet cases but I would put it into hers before you put the trumpet in as it is a tight fit if I remember right. (Sorry, most of the calls are still packed away in case I have to move or I would test that for you) https://www.ebay.com/itm/265317356904?hash=item3dc6259568:g:wOgAAOSwM6VfRreT
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."