OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ol Tom Gunslinger Vest

Started by Mobeardhunter, March 08, 2022, 11:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobeardhunter

Just got an email notification that the Ol Tom Gunslinger vest is in stock on their website.

kytrkyhntr

I hope they get bottomland in stock soon!
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

boomer

Well I got one in Greenleaf coming.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cpreeves

I also ordered one in greenleaf. I should get mine in the mail tomorrow

roosterstraw

I'm having a really hard time deciding between this vest and the grounded vest. The grounded vest looks to be better made but I like the pocket configuration better on the gunslinger.

Mobeardhunter

I also grabbed one in Greenleaf, someone said on the forum that this would be the only year this vest was offered in that pattern. Figure I'd rather be safe than sorry

Vaturkeyhntr

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on March 08, 2022, 12:21:37 PM
I hope they get bottomland in stock soon!

Bottomland is in stock now

TurkeyReaper69

I have been telling my girlfriend about how bad I want this vest for weeks maybe even months, when I saw this post I about freaked out and told her its back in stock. She just said "damn it I didn't want you to find but I knew you would find out I bought you one today as an anniversary gift". Needless to say, awesome girlfriend and I'm stoked for my new vest.

Sanders153

Quote from: roosterstraw on March 08, 2022, 04:30:30 PM
I'm having a really hard time deciding between this vest and the grounded vest. The grounded vest looks to be better made but I like the pocket configuration better on the gunslinger.

I can attest to the Grounded vest being really nice.. I recently got it, and its the best one I've ever owned.

Sullikd

Got my gunslinger vest in today.  I have ran the Nomad MG vest the last couple of years and have loved it.  The only gripe I had with it was the pot call holder loop attachment.  The gunslinger fit is awesome and seems to be made and stitched very well.  Very light also.  The loop attachments for the  pot call holders are much better than the Nomad.  This is my first ol tom vest so this may not be a new thing.  The shoulder straps are awesome.  Thought I may need to add a strernum strap but it will not be necessary.  Plenty of pockets and all placed well.  The box call holder holds the call nicely with no sound and love the magnet strap that holds it in place.  Very strong along with the seat magnets.  You have to give it a noticeable tug to disengage it.    Probably will add a little back padding for long sits.  I make some pretty long public land hunts and like to pack water but have never been a bladder fan.  Has two very deep camo mesh bottle holders and plenty of interior storage for snack or two. Nice pocket with shell holders also.  I purchased the old school camo version and its pretty sweet .  Sat it next to a pine it the yard and it resembles original bottomland from a distance.  Overall great vest.  If it holds up  like my Nomad has it will be my go to for a long time.   

cpreeves

Quote from: Sullikd on March 11, 2022, 07:53:31 PM
Got my gunslinger vest in today.  I have ran the Nomad MG vest the last couple of years and have loved it.  The only gripe I had with it was the pot call holder loop attachment.  The gunslinger fit is awesome and seems to be made and stitched very well.  Very light also.  The loop attachments for the  pot call holders are much better than the Nomad.  This is my first ol tom vest so this may not be a new thing.  The shoulder straps are awesome.  Thought I may need to add a strernum strap but it will not be necessary.  Plenty of pockets and all placed well.  The box call holder holds the call nicely with no sound and love the magnet strap that holds it in place.  Very strong along with the seat magnets.  You have to give it a noticeable tug to disengage it.    Probably will add a little back padding for long sits.  I make some pretty long public land hunts and like to pack water but have never been a bladder fan.  Has two very deep camo mesh bottle holders and plenty of interior storage for snack or two. Nice pocket with shell holders also.  I purchased the old school camo version and its pretty sweet .  Sat it next to a pine it the yard and it resembles original bottomland from a distance.  Overall great vest.  If it holds up  like my Nomad has it will be my go to for a long time.

My thoughts are very similar. I love the layout and feel of the vest. My only concern is the magnetic closure on the striker pockets. They don't seem to be as strong as the magnets that hold the seat on the back of the vest. I'm curious to see how they hold up walking through thick brush

TrackeySauresRex

I was thinking of getting one for my Son. Any coupon codes available for the drake site?
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Bolandstrutters

How does the gunslinger fit?  I know some of ol tom vest in the past haven't been able to snug up for us skinny guys. 

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on March 19, 2022, 12:45:52 PM
How does the gunslinger fit?  I know some of ol tom vest in the past haven't been able to snug up for us skinny guys.

I just got it still in the box. My boy is not skinny but fit. I keep ya posted when he opens it.  If you do order one, Email them for a coupon. This worked for me  :toothy9:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Fieldturkey

It didn't fit me. It was too big so I got rid of it