turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Opening Morning Osceola

Started by CAPTJJ, March 07, 2022, 02:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAPTJJ

Took a nice Osceola tom Saturday morning just before 10am on a very popular WMA that is open to anyone. Used my 45# Omega Native, 150 grain Snuffer and first success wearing the Kill Suit. He came up from behind without gobbling and spit so I could get ready, then strutted up to the decoys. Turned to face the DSD jake, tail was now blocking his view and I raised the bow. Then he turned broadside and I drew and concentrated on the short feathers at the top of the wing and released. Hit him good in the spine and he dropped right there 7 yards away.

15 1/2 lbs, 10" beard, 1 1/8 & 1 1/4" spurs, a nice 3 year old tom. There were 3 total taken the first day with 83 hunters checked in and likely more than that hunting, only bowhunter of any sort was me. That completes my third grand slam with traditional archery gear and upgrades my jake without a pop-up blind.

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

boatpaddle

WTG...That's awesome.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

GobbleNut

That feat right there is impressive!  Congrats!  :icon_thumright:

Tom007

The picture says it all, outstanding, ESPECIALLY with that equipment. Well done...

OJR

Congratulations!

A fine looking bird!

3bailey3

CAPTJJ

Thanks guys... even though I cheated and used decoys. Lol.

RED NECK

Congrats! from a long time At'er to another!!! Beautiful Bird.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Muzzy61

Congratulations, Impressive feat.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MJW

Master Gobbie

GREAT PIC! Thanks for sharing!
Proverbs  3: 5-6

762hunter

That's awesome!
Way to go and thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neill_Prater

You deserve a pat on the back for hunting birds using a bow and no blind. I lack not only the skill, but also the patience. Congrats

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BBR12

Congratulations that's awesome. I would definitely have to use a decoy to even come close to getting it done with any archery gear. That being said I would have been scared to death to use one on that public with all the Pinhotti crawlers out there.