OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Best OG Pick Up Of All Time

Started by ChesterCopperpot, March 05, 2022, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

Was thinking about some of my favorite calls I've picked up off Old Gobbler through the years, and the more I carry this little Martin Brothers "Cherry Bomb" slate the more I love it! I've gotten some more high end calls off the site, but there's just something about this one. So anyways how about a thread celebrating your favorite call you've picked up here on the OG. Could be something you got new from a callmaker or one you picked up second or third hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

This short box, yellowheart over black limba by Jeff Mckamey is a winner.  I got it from the classified at a really good price. I'm a little hesitant to buy used but sometimes it pays off. 

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Greg Gwaltney (on the forum) made me this awesome snakewood trumpet with a great leather braided lanyard from Steve (also on the forum) Such really nice people to deal with, this forum puts you in touch with so many talented artisans and although contentious at times such great information and  engaging opinions. Love it!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

paboxcall

Really cool topic idea!

Never know what might pop up in the classifieds....like one of Mark Sharpe's Jordan style yelpers for example. Old school style, too, with the cork.

It has a birthday coming up too....
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Sanders153

This is a custom Harrison hootin stick that I found in the locator classifieds last year.. This is by far my favorite barred owl hooter, and the best looking one I've ever seen

Tom007

These are 3 Great ones I picked up on this forum. You all know them well. Fantastic calls..

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

silvestris

I don't read posts where the poster appended an oversized photo.  It just ruins a topic when you have to scroll back and forth to comprehend the conversation.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

SwampRooster17

Yoder409

Quote from: silvestris on March 07, 2022, 01:00:07 AM
I don't read posts where the poster appended an oversized photo.  It just ruins a topic when you have to scroll back and forth to comprehend the conversation.

I wish I was computer savvy enough to remedy the problem.

I've no idea how to fix it.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: SwampRooster17 on March 07, 2022, 06:17:32 AM

Wow!  That's a beaut!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

HookedonHooks

Both of these Lonzo's were instantly snatched off eBay by two fellow members from the same eBay seller for absolute steal prices. I was very excited to be able to work a deal with both of them to add these to my collection.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 07, 2022, 06:33:34 AM

Both of these Lonzo's were instantly snatched off eBay by two fellow members from the same eBay seller for absolute steal prices. I was very excited to be able to work a deal with both of them to add these to my collection.

Awesome!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ChesterCopperpot

Man y'all have surely picked up some dandies! I love how the resin pour in that Harrison Hoot'n Stick looks about like a gobbler's head! That's really cool.

3bailey3

The clear acrylic Lonzo, only one i have ever saw.