OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2022 Spring Hunt Guide

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, March 04, 2022, 01:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

I just saw the NWTF 2022 Spring Hunt guide and I really haven't paid much attention to it until today and I started comparing the harvest totals from last year.  Then I went down to the thread on the Tennessee Turkey Troubles and I was wondering about the turkey woes there compared to the number killed last year.  Also had some questions about other states.  Anyway I hadn't seen where someone had already posted this so I figured I would.
https://www.nwtf.org/hunt/article/2022-spring-hunt-guide
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

MO_HUNTER

I think one of the photos on that web page looks a lot like a picture someone posted on here a while back. Under Minnesota...

Hobbes

Montana's numbers are pulled out of their .......
I don't believe we have 120,000 birds.  The harvest isn't a hard number either.  It's based off random calls to some of the folks that have licenses then that number is somehow plugged into the total license sold to estimate numbers killed.

joey46

I have not seen the report as yet.  Be interesting to see what Florida guesses.  With no tag and report coupled with free hunting (and fishing) for residents 65 and over any claimed number is fictional.  Been a pet peeve of mine for years.  They did finally require deer harvest reporting.  I hope turkey tags and mandatory reporting are soon to be.  We'll see.

eggshell

Pretty interesting data. Even though some numbers are only estimated it's still fun to look through them. Some of the states that always got attention are not so high on the list of harvest numbers

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: joey46 on March 05, 2022, 05:15:55 AM
I have not seen the report as yet.  Be interesting to see what Florida guesses.  With no tag and report coupled with free hunting (and fishing) for residents 65 and over any claimed number is fictional.  Been a pet peeve of mine for years.  They did finally require deer harvest reporting.  I hope turkey tags and mandatory reporting are soon to be.  We'll see.
No tag or report for turkey?  So folks are on the honor system down there?  They tended to be sticklers on fishing limits when I used to fish down there.  Never hunted there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

owlhoot

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on March 05, 2022, 09:04:52 AM
Quote from: joey46 on March 05, 2022, 05:15:55 AM
No tag or report for turkey?  So folks are on the honor system down there?  They tended to be sticklers on fishing limits when I used to fish down there.  Never hunted there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
looks like plenty of other states do this