turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Almost there!

Started by Wvdanimal, March 03, 2022, 08:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wvdanimal

Staying 3 miles from the Florida line on 95 tonight. 5 hours left tomorrow before I get to the ranch. Just letting everyone coming south on 95, it was a nightmare today. Accidents and roadwork everywhere.  Not to mention the pile up in the fog this morning that still has both sides closed 17hrs later.  Here's hoping the hunting will be better than the traveling so far!  I refuse to fly anywhere and I'm getting slim on patience and tolerance for ignorant drivers to be doing this!

WV Flopper

Sorry I wasn't with you to share in the driving and stress.

If your still in good health, you had a better day than a lot, enjoy your time in Florida.

tazmaniac

Good luck, I have a sneaky suspicion the drive will be worth it if you are on a ranch :)  post up some pics!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Wvdanimal

Scouted a new place to try about half hour from my place.  Saw 4 gobblers and some promising sign.  I don't know athing about this place but I'm jst gna wing it in the morning.  Putting a friend on my place tomorrow

Wvdanimal

Did I mention it's HOT down here!!!  Good lord. Says 82 but feels like 102.

WV Flopper

83 degrees and so humid it would make my slate unusable last year. It was nasty!

22 here this morning, just East across the mountain from your valley.

Wvdanimal

All 3 tagged longbeards by end of day 2 including my personal best 12" beard and my son's best 1 1/2" spurs. TON of jakes and hens, next year's supply looking great. Very little gobbling, in the 70's before daylight.

AppalachianHollers

Congrats, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk