OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

POA/POI question

Started by Mossyguy, March 03, 2022, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyguy

I got a good deal on a Retay Masai Mara with the 28" barrel about a week ago. I got a Jebs 560 paired with Apex #9's. Today I was able to get out to fire a few rounds.

I first shot it at 10 yards with some 3" 7 1/2 bird shot and it was just to the right and a little low but would still kill a bird. I ran a bore snake through the barrel, backed off to 30 yards and shot the Apex shell. The shot was still a hair to the right but was almost 2 feet low. If I had been shooting at a bird I would've hit him in the legs. I thought maybe I'd just shanked it somehow so I had my son shoot. The impact was the same as mine. I have a red dot and a mount on the way already but thought I'd shoot some with the front sight to see how it performed.

Has anyone ever had a shotgun shoot THAT low before?

rakkin6

I have read where Retay guns poa/poi is off out of the box. From what I have read most people that use them for turkeys put a red dot on them because even using shims it may not correct the problem. If you have a red dot on the way and this is a dedicated turkey gun I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER