OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Marlin Watkins Adjustable Trumpet

Started by Tom007, March 01, 2022, 08:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

There is a beautiful Watkins Trumpet on EBay right now. Looks real nice, I'll bet it fetches big bucks....
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

And it shot up FAST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EZ

I would imagine the call was destined for Ebay and it was available for sale directly????

GobbleGitr

Marlin makes excellent calls, and have always appreciated him for who he is.  I feel for callmakers that get chained to a list, which services relatively few (and often the same) people...wish more callmakers would work in a few calls for public sale like this...and Marlin does few of these.  Am sure it will bring good money from those appreciative of his work

Mathews.1

I'm pretty sure he only sells his trumpets on eBay. I might be wrong but I'm sure he told me that when I visited his shop one time.

gobblers roost

Quote from: Mathews.1 on March 02, 2022, 12:30:44 PM
I'm pretty sure he only sells his trumpets on eBay. I might be wrong but I'm sure he told me that when I visited his shop one time.
Your are correct as I had to text him and ask. Marlin said he makes 10 a year and only posts them on ebay so no one gets mad. He told me he has 100-200 wanting his trumpet.
I only wished he said that 2 days ago instead of telling me he had none.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Man he makes a great one.  I got one from him at Unicoi a few years ago,  ABW and amboyna burl.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Bedge7767

Yes he does. I call this one The Black Snake. From 2013

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jim

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Mathews.1 on March 02, 2022, 12:30:44 PM
That'll start hurting now that they've changed their tax rules. 15% off the top and then close to a third once they 1099 you, won't be left with nothing but $340 off a $600 sale.

Bedge7767

Jim

2nd 100

It didn't go as high as I expected ! It is a fine call for sure . Mr Marlin never ceases to amaze with any of his calls . He is for sure one of my favorite builders !

Boykin Hollow

EBAY sends out a 1099 Misc form now?   That dog won't hunt !!!!

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Boykin Hollow on March 09, 2022, 06:43:49 AM
If your eBay account clears $600 on the year, you will be receiving a 1099. The same is true if you sell things and receive payments totaling more than $600 through PayPal Goods & Services for the whole year as well.

Tax season is going to be interesting next year to say the least. My initial understanding is that you'll have to provide that you didn't profit off of the sales, and that you were rather just recouping your money from a sale that was already taxed essentially.

Uncle Sam has certainly dipped his hand in and now he's going back for a second helping.

ChesterCopperpot

Indeed. Started this year the second you pass $600. Partly why they moved to their own payment system. Then the second you pass $600 they require a social for a 1099. I'd been helping a buddy sell some things. Stopped real fast when I realized they're about to 1099 me on things I didn't make a dime on

EZ

Quote from: HookedonHooks on March 09, 2022, 07:07:06 AM
If your eBay account clears $600 on the year, you will be receiving a 1099. The same is true if you sell things and receive payments totaling more than $600 through PayPal Goods & Services for the whole year as well.

Tax season is going to be interesting next year to say the least. My initial understanding is that you'll have to provide that you didn't profit off of the sales, and that you were rather just recouping your money from a sale that was already taxed essentially.

Uncle Sam has certainly dipped his hand in and now he's going back for a second helping.

There's a reason Biden wants to hire an additional 87,000 IRS workers, lol. Tax the "rich"???