turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Small frame mouth calls

Started by Gog1015, February 28, 2022, 09:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gog1015

Any recommendations on small frame mouth call custom makers? Looking to get a few if anyone knows of some good ones. Thanks

The Lung

I have found that Hooks calls are a good small framed diaphragm. I too look for those on the smaller side, and Hooks feel like they're easy to run also.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

sbe2shooter

Hooks are great...but my favorite now is a new smalll company. Honey Hole Game Calls..they are awesome small frame calls

Tom007

Wood haven makes a good small frame call.....
"Solo hunter"

Rtr1987

I really like the Hooks Apex. I didn't know I preferred small frame mouth calls until I bought the Apex not realizing it was small frame. Now I know why I could never run a mouth call that well,  needed the small frame. It's automatic now. Highly recommended.

Gog1015

Thanks for all of the options! I appreciate it.

Jbird22

Hooks, Houndstooth, or Legacy...You won't go wrong with any of those. If I didn't make my own, I'd be buying from them.

raven105

I'm a big fan of Gooserbat's mouth calls. Quality stuff worth checking out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

Tom Teasers has a good selection of small frames too.  I like the Butt Naked Hen.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Shoregobbler

HooKs makes great small frame mouth calls.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcoach

All Great responses.  Plenty of call makers here build small frames and small tape as well.  Call those mentioned and ask for what you would like.  Some will even make your call with zero tape as well.

ar21angler

I really like the wood haven micro series, They just fit my mouth right. Ive tried other makers that make small frame calls and they are alright and I've also tried cutting down calls but I feel this alters them were they don't play well for me. my favorite are the micro scorpion and ghost cut.

paintbrush

Hooks small frame calls for me.

TurkeyReaper69

I'm very similar to your situation having a smaller mouth.
I'll second hooks and the woodhaven I think youth or mini models? Ghost cut guy here if that matters