turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex tss #9

Started by Paulmyr, February 25, 2022, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Chatted with an apex rep a bit ago. Said apex was planning on stocking the shelves early March. He said Rogers would have some early this week. My 2 boxes from Rogers should show up today.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Tom007

Wish they would legalize this in NJ, NY.......

bobk

Paulmyr, Thanks for the tip.

Dtrkyman

What are the legal shot sizes in NY, NJ?  I drew Iowa and it is number 8 there, which is an odd size honestly.  I loaded some 7.5s as it was the smallest legal shot in many states for a while.

Most have changed their regs. with the popularity off TSS, lot of states have went to "nothing larger than number 4" or something along those lines.

btomlin

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 25, 2022, 10:44:44 AM
What are the legal shot sizes in NY, NJ?  I drew Iowa and it is number 8 there, which is an odd size honestly.  I loaded some 7.5s as it was the smallest legal shot in many states for a while.

Most have changed their regs. with the popularity off TSS, lot of states have went to "nothing larger than number 4" or something along those lines.

We can't use "sub gauges" in Iowa either.  I've been sending notes to the DNR asking them to review.   Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  I dream of the day I can pack of light single shot 410 with some of that new fangled shot everyone carries on about.

roosterstraw

How would that tss #9 work with a 3" 12ga?

Tom007

Quote from: Dtrkyman on February 25, 2022, 10:44:44 AM

No larger than #4 , no smaller than #7 in NJ, NY allows #4 through #8. I don't know why they do not allow #9?

Dtrkyman

TSS 9 works fantastic in anything.  Keep in mind you do not need 2oz payloads, if someone makes a 1 3/4 oz or less in 12ga I would look into that, wasting a lot of shot with those high payloads!

I am going to try a 1 1/4 oz load in my 20 as opposed to the 1 5/8th I have been loading. 

Wvdanimal

I primarily use 30yd performance to test any load, just always have.  I've never in my life cared to count pellet #'s .  I fired a 3" apex #9 at 30 and the pattern was so dense I honestly don't think you could count them.  Even with the federal 9's, very impressive.  To think I was skeptical when hevi came out in #7s....