turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Danner Boots on Sale

Started by ssramage, February 24, 2022, 11:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssramage

Just a heads up for anyone needing a new pair of snake boots for this season. Danner is running some pretty deep discounts on their site right now. My Pronghorns finally gave it in last season so I've been looking for another pair. I ran some Alpha rubber snake boots during deer season, but they won't hold up to the walking that I do during turkey season.

I just picked up a pair of the Danner Vitals for $132 and free shipping. Their Pronghorn side zip is $186 but has some lead times.

https://www.danner.com/men/sale?sortId=subcategory&product_category[]=7170

bobk

Ssramage thanks the the tip on the Danner sale.

Which Gun

Thanks for heads up I've been looking snake boots. How do Danners run in size?

Sixes

Quote from: Which Gun on February 24, 2022, 05:55:26 PM
Thanks for heads up I've been looking snake boots. How do Danners run in size?

All I wear is Danners (hunting, working and hiking) and they all run normal for me.  But, I don't know what to compare it to, I do not wear tennis shoes but I wear the same size in my normal everyday Crocs and dress shoes.

Sir-diealot

Sure wish they went higher than just a wide, would love to see them make a XXX or a XXXX width. I have a wonderful pair of size Vital's, thought they were going to work after trying them on and then my fee swelled up. $265.00 paper weights. From what I was able to do with them I would suggest them, light at a feather, kind of messed up my walking at first they were so light.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

PaLmbHngr

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a pair. Surprised they had them in 14.  :D

RiverRoost

Anybody used the Vital snake boots?

Happy

Yes. Decent quality but not as good as the pronghorn in my opinion

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bobk

Can't speak on the vital boots, I do have a pair of Pronghorns that are my backup boots. There are 10 or more years old and have seen a decent amount of use. They are still in great shape with no leaks.