turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kentucky or Tennessee

Started by slave601, February 23, 2022, 06:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

I've been making the annual Missouri trip for close to 15 years now. I'm looking into new ground no specific place by any means but if y'all had a choice in hunting public land what state would you choose between Kentucky and Tennessee? I'll be bringing my boat also if that helps any
"thinnin the flock"

dzsmith

You won't need a boat. Plenty of opportunity in both.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

fallhnt

Both

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Goodtimekiller

Ky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington700

Being a TN hunter, I say you should do KY.  ;D

Greg Massey

Quote from: slave601 on February 23, 2022, 06:46:12 AM
I've been making the annual Missouri trip for close to 15 years now. I'm looking into new ground no specific place by any means but if y'all had a choice in hunting public land what state would you choose between Kentucky and Tennessee? I'll be bringing my boat also if that helps any
Back in my younger day's always enjoyed hunting out of Alton Mo. we hunted off the 11 point river in the Irish Wilderness. I can remember the day's of old and hearing so many gobblers that you would making a circle trying to decided which turkey to go to...  I suggest Ky...

Hook hanger

TauntoHawk

All the OG Kentucky and Tennessee residents racing here to suggest the other state right now

Jokes aside, which is closer? Both seem to have ample open land. Also might want to look at dates for what fits your schedule best

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

slave601

I used to hunt the Alton area back in the day and man it was a turkey hunters dream. Nothing like that anymore. I've moved on further north to central Mo. As far as dates I take the whole month of March and April off every year so there's no rush on where I may go. I just have no general direction for either Ken or Ten.
"thinnin the flock"

kytrkyhntr

More tags down there in Tennessee if I remember correct
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

shatcher

Roost 1

Definitely southern middle TN....turkey hunters paradise
10 day license is much more reasnnable than KY

slave601

Quote from: Roost 1 on February 23, 2022, 06:16:40 PM
Definitely southern middle TN....turkey hunters paradise
10 day license is much more reasnnable than KY
Only thing I see there is the public land blocks are pretty dang small. May give it a shot though
"thinnin the flock"

Kylongspur88

Quote from: Remington700 on February 23, 2022, 11:05:06 AM
Being a TN hunter, I say you should do KY.  ;D

We're fresh out of birds. I hear Tennessee has them all

slave601

"thinnin the flock"