OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Glenda Green satchel question

Started by bowbird87, February 22, 2022, 11:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowbird87

For those that have them do you prefer the standard or minimalist bag?

Huntress

100% NOT being a smart alleck....  depends on your personality.  If you don't like taking a lot of stuff into the woods, the minimalist should do ya.  If you pack a lunch and take the kitchen sink, get the bigger one!  I bought the minimalist 2 years ago and I wish now I have gotten the bigger one.  I DO like packing some snacks and food and heaters, etc.  The minimalist is too small for my "personality" ;)

MO_HUNTER

I've got the minimalist, and it's really a preference.. do you tote gear for three people? Are you a minimalist by nature? If you can get your hands on a couple of the different sizes then you would probably be able to tell real quick. I have plenty of room for rain gear, snacks brush cutter and calls.. 

Greg Massey

Get the big one, even if you down size , in the big one you will have room for bottle water snacks, thermacell  and bino...don't forget the toilet paper either ...

Old Dominion Tom

I recommend the larger model.  It is not obtrusive at all to carry.  You don't have to fill the space up just because you have the space available if you chose to be a minimalist on particular hunts.  It is nice to have the necessary space for the days when you may want to pack a water bottle, snacks, pruners, binos, rangefinder, etc.

bowbird87

I'll carry
3 pots and 4-5 strikers
2 boxes
Binos
Water
2 locators
Shells
Pruners
Mouth calls

MO_HUNTER

I carry that in my minimalist.

Minus the binos...

mikejd

I have both and have carried both and i just love the minimalist. My full size will likely never see the woods again.

Gobbler428

I started carrying the minimalist last year and left my vest at the house. My vest will most likely never see the woods again. The reason I went with the minimalist was to carry less, only carry what i absolutely need and that's what it makes me do. If I have more room, i'm the type that will fill it up, so less room forces me to think about what I really need.

bowbird87