OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Camo dip wearing off

Started by CntrlPAlongbeard, February 18, 2022, 10:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulmyr

Quote from: lacire on February 20, 2022, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: the Ward on February 20, 2022, 08:13:45 AM
The only dipped gun i have is my Benelli, and it has held up great over 10 years of steady use. It is lightening up in the grip area a bit now, and has some small nicks here and there, but it still looks almost new. Bug sprays will absolutely eat away at the finish, so avoid getting it on your gun. I accidently got some on the rubber comb on the steady grip stock, and it bubbled and dissolved some of it. Nasty stuff!

That's a good tip on the bug spray.

Deet is nasty stuff. Had a tube in my pocket while digging seng that I didn't get the cap back on tight enough. The tube leaked. By the time I got back to truck about 4 hrs later, the bug spray started to melt the key fob for my truck.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

the Ward

Quote from: Paulmyr on February 20, 2022, 09:50:50 AM
Quote from: lacire on February 20, 2022, 08:36:19 AM
Quote from: the Ward on February 20, 2022, 08:13:45 AM
The only dipped gun i have is my Benelli, and it has held up great over 10 years of steady use. It is lightening up in the grip area a bit now, and has some small nicks here and there, but it still looks almost new. Bug sprays will absolutely eat away at the finish, so avoid getting it on your gun. I accidently got some on the rubber comb on the steady grip stock, and it bubbled and dissolved some of it. Nasty stuff!

That's a good tip on the bug spray.

Deet is nasty stuff. Had a tube in my pocket while digging seng that I didn't get the cap back on tight enough. The tube leaked. By the time I got back to truck about 4 hrs later, the bug spray started to melt the key fob for my truck.
Ugh! Those new key fobs are not cheap!

Which Gun

Handle a gun same spot over and over will even take the blueing off. Hands are dirty with sweat get dirt on them it's like sandpaper.