OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

410 field loads

Started by jwm1485, February 18, 2022, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwm1485

Does anyone know where any 410 field loads or target loads are available? Im just looking for something to get my daughter comfortable shooting before we throw in the tss to pattern.
Thanks

Yoder409

Good luck.

.410 ANYTHING other than buckshot is all but extinct.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Wvdanimal

If you were close I have several boxes both 2 3/4 and 3 I'd give you.  ANYTHING  410 is a joke to me. I  wouldn't let my boy shoot at a Squirrel over 15 yards with ours. My 7yr old 60 lb son did just fine w a 20ga.

WV Flopper

Not gloating. I asked everyone I know, 3 people. In the last month I have four boxes. 2 are Rio 2 1/2" which would be perfect for what you want, paid a crazy price 29.95. Then another friend whom is a Walmart employee picked up two boxes of 3" federal #6, perfect for rabbit. They were considerably cheaper at 17.97 a box.
One evening two months ago the Walmart guy said they had a case of #5 delivered and asked if I wanted any. Of course I said yes, next day when he went back to work they were all sold.
Moral of the story is, if you need them and are looking at them you best pay the price, if you need them.

lunghit

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/shotgun-ammo/410-bore-ammo/sterling-410-36-ga-ammunition-birdshot-8-2-1-2-3-8oz-strlg410bird8-25-rounds/

Don't know about this brand but outdoor limited is great to deal with. Target sports USA just had a bunch but sold out.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Dtrkyman

Gunbroker shows some, pricey.  Wish I was close I have a bunch of it, looking at gunbroker I should sell it!

bobk

Try Midway USA, they were showing some in stock.

Yoder409

Quote from: bobk on February 19, 2022, 06:30:22 AM
Try Midway USA, they were showing some in stock.

Just looked, for the heck of it.

Of 50 products listed, they have 2 in stock.  Both are rubber buckshot loads.

Could make things interesting in the turkey woods.  But shots would have to be limited to about 10 feet or less.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bobk

Midway  had Remington  and Winchester field loads in stock on Wednesday.  Obviously I waited to long.

Yoder409

Quote from: bobk on February 19, 2022, 08:17:28 AM
Midway  had Remington  and Winchester field loads in stock on Wednesday.  Obviously I waited to long.

It's a shame .  But if you see ANYTHING you might need, you better grab it RIGHT NOW.  You have no idea when you'll ever see it again.
PA elitist since 1979

bobk

You are correct, buy it when it's  available.

Just learned that my son was able to purchase several boxes of each.

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

OJR

I got 2 boxes of Federal #6 in 3" at the Walmart in Eagle Pass TX last April. Those were the last I've seen except for TSS since.

PALongspur

Found some at Cabela's in Hamburg, PA this past weekend.

Greg Massey

Ammo in the last couple of years is something you NOW have to shop for all year long .. You can't wait until you think you might need it anymore, you see it you better buy it  ..  I have learned to shop all year long for ammo now ...