turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Water Resistant Turkey Hunting Pants

Started by Dhamilton1, February 17, 2022, 09:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhamilton1

Any companies make a water resistant pant that's good for turkey hunting?

A couple pieces of public I hunt, have some overgrown meadows that have to be crossed to get to the good wooded areas and they can stay pretty damp/wet in the mornings.

Water proof pants would probably be too hot if the temperature gets up in the mid to late morning plus I run a K&H run-n-gun vest so not much storage to pack them with all my other stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtrkyman

I roll with gators, I wear a hiking boot so wet grass always got into my boots until I started using KUIU gators about 8 years ago.

If it gets too hot or dries out you can take em off easily and will not take up much space if you needed to store them, even work crossing water as long as you do it relatively quick.

Otherwise look for pants with a DWR treatment, Durable Water Repellent, can be re treated as needed with something like Nikwax.

TauntoHawk

Gaiters are the best, when it gets hot and dry take them off, roll them up and stuff in your vest.

Pants, dwr and quick drying is your best bet. I wear kuiu katanas

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

aclawrence

I'll 3rd the gaiters. I wear turtle skins during the spring once it warms up. It gives me snake protection and keeps me dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parrot Head

I being wet.  I always wear my rain gear bibs over my pants to stay dry.

gaswamp

I would agree with the others about a good pair of gaitors, I use Kenetrek>  But if you want a quality water resistant pant that is made in the USA https://forloh.com/collections/mens-pants-bottoms/products/mens-allclima-hunting-stretch-woven-pant?variant=32525000310868

PALongspur

Kenetrek here as well, Turtleskins if I'm in snake country.

Spurs

I'm on the gaiter train as well, but I also wear pants that dry out fast.  Under Armor used to have a set of Obsession pants that were super tough and dried really fast...faster than anything I've seen since.  I save them specifically for days I know I'll be in tall grass or saturated conditions. (I.e. tall grass)

Here's a link to the pants.  I've had them a super long time.  Very tough, dry fast and 0 fading.  They hold up to briars well too.

https://www.amazon.ca/Under-Armour-performance-Obsession-Dynamite/dp/B00SADVDNM
This year is going to suck!!!

bigriverbum

i've thrown hip boots on or waist high waders before if i know i'm going through a wet field.

not ideal if you plan on walking a lot throughout the day

3bailey3

land cruiser

OJR

These pants are awesome, tough and cheap!! I have several pair in the green and tan. The colors are pretty muted. Not as bright looking as on the website. Now, they aren't completely waterproof, but they are very water repellant. And they dry very quickly. My camo snake boots come to my knees, and my leafy jacket comes to the top of my thighs. So, I only have a little of the pants exposed.

https://www.costco.com/weatherproof-vintage-men's-tech-pant.product.100757209.html